What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Black widow oatmeal stout Yellowstone Valley Brewing Co. From across the state in Billings Montana where I grew up (not that I ever did) Lots of roast in this one the jury is out but I think it will grow on me.

I wasn't a fan, but that was many years ago. I might have to try it again this July.

Brand new love street summer by karbach. Incredibly sessionable beer for the beach this Memorial Day weekend

image-1089883715.jpg

nukebrewer said:
Now that I am home, moving on to a real beer. Great saison funk, but not over done. Malty, a little sweet and finishes dry. I'm pretty sure it can only be had at the brewery, but those local should check it out if they can.

I always see that on shelves but refuse to pay that much for a hooker (beer)

Glad they made a good one

xMalachi said:
Well, it's good but Simtra is much better. Not much hop aroma from it and it is slightly sweet. I'm not really great at identifying hops at this point so I'm not sure what's in it but I'm picking up some pineyness. As I'm drinking it more and thinking about it this beer seems to be lacking in hops. I'm not sure in that great at describing or depicting the flavors that I pick up which is why I typically don't post reviews on BA. Usually, I stop at "Hey this is good!" or "Meh". So now that I've probably confused you about this beer you may want to pick one up and give it a try. :D

Having Simtra right now, and I think it is much better than Hop Shortage. Hop Shortage is too sweet for me. Good beer but I prefer Simtra.

image-3974218016.jpg

Centennial blonde while I wait for the pineapple hefe to carb. It should be a great long weekend by the pool!

Going local with a Lavery Belfast Black! I've not had a whole lot of smoked porters, but of the few I've had, this one is the best! Real subtle smoke, not overdone like so many are. This brewery has some mad potential!!

image-1973123778.jpg

mcbaumannerb said:
hmmm ... you wouldn't be celebrating the outcome of a certain sporting event now, would you? ;)

Maybe! That was an exciting finish if you're a fan of a certain team!!

Drank Tonight at the Inland Empire Brewery in Riverside, CA:

Head Splitter Sour x 2 .. DAMN tasty
IPA x 1
Belgium Black @ 12% aged in oak whiskey barrel x 1
Porter x 1

My wife came down to see me today (I'm 3 hours from home) and to take the kids to see my aunt that lives here. She brought me a growler of my IPA that I was dying to try. All I can say is WOW! Tons of citrus and tropical fruit in this one, with a hint of pine. I'm definitely gonna brew this one again (I'm not kegging it though, 8% ABV).Time for me to turn in, I have to work sometime early this afternoon.

Going to CCB for my birthday in a few weeks. Lets see, Zhukov is released in August, what's the chances of sampling some in process? I'm hoping the chances are good.

They are kinda shut down for a while....they spilled sour yeast culture and have shut down the brewery while they try to sanitize that whole place.

Chuu said:
They are kinda shut down for a while....they spilled sour yeast culture and have shut down the brewery while they try to sanitize that whole place.

Holy crap!! That is terrible!! This might take some time to be sure that mess is cleaned up properly!

I was just looking on their website and I don't see anything about that. That sounds like it sucks. We are going there June 15th, I'm sure everything will be back to normal by then. The tasting room is still open, they updated the draft list while I was poking around.

I was just looking on their website and I don't see anything about that. That sounds like it sucks. We are going there June 15th, I'm sure everything will be back to normal by then. The tasting room is still open, they updated the draft list while I was poking around.

I was just talking with the bartender and distributor last night who were explaining to me why they didnt have any jai alai coming in. And thats what they told me.

After a few pulls to clear out the gelatin, I'm having a pint of my NHC 2nd round Kolsch rebrew. I personally like it better than the first batch. I just hope I didn't brew too soon.

Pre dinner palate warm up.

Has some interesting reviews, what do you think?

I've had a a few of my long left over Amarillo saison-ish beer that I'd forgotten about. Filled a few growlers and got the keg out of the way so I could chill some cases for this weekend. I signed up to give away a few batches at a homebrew event / living wage fundraiser this weekend.

kentvd said:
Hi everyone, I'm a marketing student at CSUSB College and I'm helping a new brewery open its doors. They asked me if I can help collect some information from Beer drinkers and this looks like a perfect place for that. If you want to help startup a new brewery, please take this 5 Minute survey to help them get started. Thank you so much for your help.

https://csusbcbpa.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_a2SXEYParLzmrOJ

Since I know research and survey can be a bummer course I started your survey. There is a problem at the advertising slide bar section. Sorry can't proceed but good luck.

liquiditynerd said:
Since I know research and survey can be a bummer course I started your survey. There is a problem at the advertising slide bar section. Sorry can't proceed but good luck.

Ditto the issue. Can't select 0 in the advertising slide. Maybe think about putting in an opt out option.

Back