What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soooo..... How drunk were you when you called it quits, hmmm? Looking forward to doing the same thing with a keg of Milk Stout that I'm about to tap in a few days (after several days, of course)!
Oh, back on subject; having a HB'ed bitter with dinner, then off to bed....

What time do you have to get up? I'm so not looking forward to getting up at dark o'clock for work again.

jerryteague said:
Soooo..... How drunk were you when you called it quits, hmmm? Looking forward to doing the same thing with a keg of Milk Stout that I'm about to tap in a few days (after several days, of course)!
Oh, back on subject; having a HB'ed bitter with dinner, then off to bed....

What's funny is I called it quits last night after 6 glasses. If I would've just tried one more pour it would've been empty.

Did you get that Better Half of the shelf and is there more? Cause I'd sure trade for one/some if that's the case.:D

Yeah,at a small liquor store around here that brings random stuff in every now and then. I dindnt even know about it,I just seen it,it was the last one and I snatched it up. Im not really too into beers this big but its one I knew I wouldnt be able to get very easily again. I do like them on ocassion as this one seems pretty fitting.I usually end up drinking half the bottle then recapp it for the next or later day.

Yeah,at a small liquor store around here that brings random stuff in every now and then. I dindnt even know about it,I just seen it,it was the last one and I snatched it up. Im not really too into beers this big but its one I knew I wouldnt be able to get very easily again. I do like them on ocassion as this one seems pretty fitting.I usually end up drinking half the bottle then recapp it for the next or later day.

Quite the score!

Having a glass of my "1st nut, brown ale." Its my latest batch of my house nut brown which has won three medals thus far. Just slugged down a delicious pint, think I'll have another!

Moving on..

ForumRunner_20130319_204105.png

....for the cause!... I drank a lot of beer in search for good beer.

Here's the lot:

a Bear Republic Black stout,
a 21st Amendment Black in Black IPA,
a Mayflower porter,
Samuel Smith Taddy porter,
and a Southern Tier Robust porter.

The Southern Tier Robust porter tasted the best of all probably because it was last!!! Nothing to do with style just prefs! Would do business again!

southern-tier-porter.jpg

Again again, and again.

My IPA. Marris Otter with a little melanoidin and rye malt boiled 140 min, hopped with warrior (bitter), cascade (flavor), and citra (flavor and aroma). OG 1.074, FG 1.015, ABV 7.9%. Taking pictures tonight and I could only find a bomber with long enough chill time for the shoot so...:drunk:

17-glass-backlight-4539-59077.jpg

Whoa that pic threw me for a loop. I saw the can and I was like, wow I've never seen a black and white Resin can. Then I saw the actual beer and I was like oh, it's a black and white picture. I think the Orange star threw me off.

Mission accomplished! I like doing that with some of my beer pictures, but I haven't found very many cans/bottles it works well with.

I've always had a problem with the name of that beer. 2/3 of it follows the NATO phonetic alphabet (aka the one the military uses) but the Wilco should be Whiskey to bring it completely in line. It's not a huge deal, but as a personal preference (since I am in the military) I would like it to be consistent.

eric19312 said:
My IPA. Marris Otter with a little melanoidin and rye malt boiled 140 min, hopped with warrior (bitter), cascade (flavor), and citra (flavor and aroma). OG 1.074, FG 1.015, ABV 7.9%. Taking pictures tonight and I could only find a bomber with long enough chill time for the shoot so...:drunk:

Great pic. So, your boil time was over 2 hours? Dang.

Just polished off a glass of smoked porter that I worked up. Chocolate and Cara 80 malt with about 30% cherrywood smoked malt. Used Palisades for the hop. Very balanced smoke flavor with a mildly fruity finish.

Only downside is its under-carbed.

Still no clue!

Maybe I'll just call it Jasmine. I was bored and drunk when I made it, so it's got jasmine in it.

image-3114613859.jpg

TNGabe said:
What time do you have to get up? I'm so not looking forward to getting up at dark o'clock for work again.

I had to get up at 2:15 this morning to get on a train by 3:45. This on-call BS sucks, but at least I got a nap before the RR called me into work.
Having crappy coffee, waiting for a ride out to my train....

WesleyS said:
What's funny is I called it quits last night after 6 glasses. If I would've just tried one more pour it would've been empty.

Haha! Figures... Same thing happened to me a few months ago with a keg of pale ale.

Tasty, smells danktastic, tastes Hoppy. Not a lot of bitterness (found out on their website this was there goal), wondering why I kept from buying it for so long.

ForumRunner_20130320_030347.jpg

I've always had a problem with the name of that beer. 2/3 of it follows the NATO phonetic alphabet (aka the one the military uses) but the Wilco should be Whiskey to bring it completely in line. It's not a huge deal, but as a personal preference (since I am in the military) I would like it to be consistent.

Its probably a legal thing they cant put whiskey on a beer label. That sh*t wont fly in Texas i know that...

So they can't sell a beer in Texas if the label says it was aged in whiskey barrels? That's f'ed up!

I didnt mean it like that. We do have alot of bourbon barrel aged. Some just say aged on oak or bourbon barrels. Those are mighty tasty and my favorite. If it said "aged in blank" its fine. I think if you just put whiskey on you label like if lagunitas WTF there might be a problem.. TABC are dicks and they need to relax on some things. They will send underage kids into stores to try to buy booze to get the stores in trouble (even though they do need to check IDs)

Its probably a legal thing they cant put whiskey on a beer label. That sh*t wont fly in Texas i know that...

I didnt mean it like that. We do have alot of bourbon barrel aged. Some just say aged on oak or bourbon barrels. Those are mighty tasty and my favorite. If it said "aged in blank" its fine. I think if you just put whiskey on you label like if lagunitas WTF there might be a problem.. TABC are dicks and they need to relax on some things. They will send underage kids into stores to try to buy booze to get the stores in trouble (even though they do need to check IDs)

That's weird... and dumb... and even though I'm a native Texan, screw Texas on some things. I suppose I could say that about any state, though.

I'm not sure if that is true but i know that the TABC turned away a Stone vertical series because it said "beer" in the paragraph the owner likes to ***** and it was over 5% so it had to be an ale/malt liquor (but now that retarded rule is out the door)

Blue Moon Valencia Grove Amber. Meh, not bad, but not stellar either. I wish I could get good craft beer down here, but there's nowhere within 30 miles to get it. At least I'm only here 3 times a week for work...

Back