What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gixxer said:
Had a glass of Laphroaig 10yr tonight... Sheesh... I like me some scotch, had a few single malts here and there, but just like Ralfy said in his review... Its one HUMDINGER of a whisky!! Its been an hour and I still can't get that seaweed bandaid taste out of my mouth. Acquired taste for sure...

I do not always drink single malt scotch, but when I do, it's peaty and phenolic as Hell! My favorite is Lagavulin. I can help a brother out and take that off your hands... :)

In the meantime, I went with a 4-pack of Torpedo pint cans. Ran outta CO2 and couldn't get to Mr. Ed for refill before he closed.

Guess I been drinking too much (just the right amount?) of HB, though--can't believe the f-ing price of beer!!! It's been maybe 6-7 months since I bought commercial 6'ers. I was shocked to see 12.99 six packs at the grocery store, and that was for what I consider merely"decent" beers!

I'll be there with all3 tanks to fill early tomorrow--30gal of beer to drink before I shell out another chunk for pro beer!

Me? Me me?

Yeah ones for you Gabe lol Reading this effin awesome book (has 15 Stone recipes) and having a HB Bloody Beer

ForumRunner_20130320_211259.jpg

I didn't want to like this, since these guys haven't put out a good beer since the mid 90's. Red Tail Ale and Black Hawk were good then, but the whole beer revolution totally missed these guys. So when I saw they'd released a new 10% DIPA, their first new beer in at least ten years, I bought it knowing it was going to be a chinook bittered hot bottle of mess. I'm surprised! This is delicious!

image-290248202.jpg

Drinking DisturbdChemist's DIPA.
Very balanced. Low to medium hop aroma. Smooth bitterness with no lingering bitterness. A little more body than I would typically look for. Has a nice malty sweetness and hop flavor. Very smooth and easy drinking for 10% ABV.
Nicely done!

image-843376696.jpg

St Arnold's icon blue (cascadian dark ale), I like it a lot. Got some Devine Reserve 13 in the fridge I'm debating on opening. Anyone try either yet?

Drinking DisturbdChemist's DIPA.
Very balanced. Low to medium hop aroma. Smooth bitterness with no lingering bitterness. A little more body than I would typically look for. Has a nice malty sweetness and hop flavor. Very smooth and easy drinking for 10% ABV.
Nicely done!

Glad you like it. My family loved it sunday. Even my mom who does not drink beer loved it ( boxers revenged by jester king is her favorite thanks to me :ban: ). I'm like my IPAs with some body too it and not overly bitter though that one should be around the 90 ibu range. I have a dialed back version in the fermenter (wanting a more sessionable one). Waiting for the big one to kick to put that one on. That's one of the beers I'm entering into AHC. I know its a tough category but I like it and hope it does well.

No beer for me tonight drank too much on my bday and everyday this week. Tomorrow is a different story and going to sample my trippel which is carbing at the moment.

St Arnold's icon blue (cascadian dark ale), I like it a lot. Got some Devine Reserve 13 in the fridge I'm debating on opening. Anyone try either yet?

I have. I had it on tap the day it was released. It's a good quad with good dark fruits and malt. I felt it was a tad dry but that could be my palate on that day. Very easy drinking for 11%. I got a few I'm going to age/trade and few going in my belly

Ommegang Hennepin, Left Hand Fade to Black vol. 4, Great Divide Hoss, and Lagunitas Sucks.

I do not always drink single malt scotch, but when I do, it's peaty and phenolic as Hell! My favorite is Lagavulin. I can help a brother out and take that off your hands... :)

I don't have a bottle, bought a glass at the bar. As much as I didnt like it, I still handled it like a boss! Had to keep my street cred in front of my co workers when they all scattered like cockroaches after smelling the glass!! True story...

I am more of a highlands, speyside weenie. Caramel, toffee and dark fruit tasting scotch makes he happy.

I have. I had it on tap the day it was released. It's a good quad with good dark fruits and malt. I felt it was a tad dry but that could be my palate on that day. Very easy drinking for 11%. I got a few I'm going to age/trade and few going in my belly

I got a 6er and a bomber, might be getting more. You don't happen to have any bishops barrel do you?

I got a 6er and a bomber, might be getting more. You don't happen to have any bishops barrel do you?

I picked up two sixers and a bomber for #13. I got just one #2. It's difficult to get one to take home where I live. There are plenty in the bars still but you can't take them home sadly.

Just got done bottling and kegging my DIPA.
Drank DisturbdChemist's Mild during the process.

image-4246596696.jpg
Very good. There's a flavor and aroma in this that reminds me of the Fuller's 2006 Vintage Ale I had not long ago. Sort of a toasted bread quality. Nice Mild and at 3.8% one could go through quite a few of these in an evening.

Now I'm drinking the remaining bits of my DIPA from the bottom of the bottling bucket.

image-525802428.jpg

I have high hopes for this one. It tastes and smells great, like a slightly dank grapefruit and mango. US-05 is great! Took this from 1.096 to 1.018. I don't know why I haven't been using it all along instead of WLP001. I can't wait for this one to carb up.

Been havin beer no less than 9% today, a couple Curmudgeon, a few Victory Imperial stout and Tart Side of the Moon. At this point i think its a waste to go for another Tart Side so I go with Bear Republic Red Rocket

Coffee ipa? My mind is blown

Is it the fighter of the nightman? Champion of the sun?

Master of karate?

This is another brew courtesy of LoloMT7. In my limited experience with bocks I have to say this is not very bock-like at all. Color is bordering on too light, heavy fruity esters, slightly yeasty, not very malty, one dimensional flavor profile. Nothing from the style guidelines seems to fit for this beer except for maybe the sweetness level. This is the only bock I've had brewed by an American brewery, so that could be it, but I just don't feel it is a bock. The good news is that it's a good beer in an absolute sense, just not a bock IMHO.

mewithstewpid said:
Coffee ipa? My mind is blown

Is it the fighter of the nightman? Champion of the sun?

Haha. Haven't gotten to it yet. The store had a 1 bottle limit and SWMBO has been wanton to try it so I'm waiting for her to get off work.

Master of karate?

This is another brew courtesy of LoloMT7. In my limited experience with bocks I have to say this is not very bock-like at all. Color is bordering on too light, heavy fruity esters, slightly yeasty, not very malty, one dimensional flavor profile. Nothing from the style guidelines seems to fit for this beer except for maybe the sweetness level. This is the only bock I've had brewed by an American brewery, so that could be it, but I just don't feel it is a bock. The good news is that it's a good beer in an absolute sense, just not a bock IMHO.

Man that Miabock is one of my favorite.. but its best in the brewery ill admit its not as good in the can... the owner/brewer has done consulting for breweries for 28 years and trained in Germany. He uses all organic grain noble hops and caramunich. Swing by montana and ill buy you one in the brewery. http://wildwoodbrewing.com/?page_id=19

Man that Miabock is one of my favorite.. but its best in the brewery ill admit its not as good in the can... the owner/brewer has done consulting for breweries for 28 years and trained in Germany. He uses all organic grain noble hops and caramunich. Swing by montana and ill buy you one in the brewery. http://wildwoodbrewing.com/?page_id=19

Well $hit, if I'd known it was a maibock that would change my evaluation entirely. They need to label their product properly so misunderstandings like this don't happen.

One more Bear Republic Red rocket and hitting Odd Side Ales Brewery in the afternoon for a growler full of Albino Stout and Citra PA tomorrow. Pretty hammered now so from here on out just drinkin swmbos Joose and wine coolers lol

Coffee at the hotel while I wait for the company van to take me back to Tulsa (or to get on a train somewhere). Tonight I'll be tapping a keg of sweet stout, and cleaning another keg for a batch of cream ale that I'll be kegging next week...

Coffee, many cups as I couldn't sleep last night for the life of me.
It's so tough not drinking any beers during the week, and only having a couple on Saturdays.

Well $hit, if I'd known it was a maibock that would change my evaluation entirely. They need to label their product properly so misunderstandings like this don't happen.

Yeah that would be off from a bock style indeed. I've always had it in the brewery as it's close to my house. They just started canning beer about 3-4 months ago I'll let him know that he needs to make it more clear on the cans. :mug:

Just took a Hop Slam, Zombie Dust, and Perpetual IPA over to my LHBS at lunch and drank with the guys there. That Hop Slam was almost like pineapple juice. Huge hop taste and aroma.

Water for now. Had a lot of great high gravity beers yesterday and heading to Odd Side Ales brewery later for more of the same and a growler or 3 to go!

Coffee...but later, I will continue building my Grolsch collection! Cheaper to buy filled than to buy empty :tank:

Back