What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll play today. Founders All Day.

image-1865240961.jpg

jerryteague said:
Blue Moon Valencia Grove Amber. Meh, not bad, but not stellar either. I wish I could get good craft beer down here, but there's nowhere within 30 miles to get it. At least I'm only here 3 times a week for work...

Have you tried much from Prairie?

TNGabe said:
Have you tried much from Prairie?

Unfortunately, I can't get prairie down here. I'm at my away from home terminal, where craft beer hasn't caught on yet (Southern Oklahoma). The best I can get here is the occasional Guiness Foreign Extra Stout, Corona, or maybe Blue Moon. I've asked the owners of the local liquor store about getting better beer, but he won't order it, because almost nobody will buy it. This place is BMC territory, unfortunately. That's ok though, because my liver gets a break when I have to lay over down here :)

xMalachi said:
After Abrasive we polished the Revolution Double Fist IPA and now I'm onto Schlafly's TIPA.

Schlafly TIPA. Sooooo good. Just got my galaxy hops in the mail to do a clone. It'll be my 1st smash too. Woop!

jonmohno said:
THat just come out this year? I actually have a refrigerated 2012 and cellard 2012 I was saving to compare it to this year.Cant beleive its been a year and even more, cant believe I dindt drink it up before now.

Yes it's 2013. I'm going to Louisville this weekend and a place has a 2008 keg they tapped. I hope I get some of it

My Groundhog Day Honey Wit (w/ orange peel and coriander). Several firsts here: first AG, first use of harvested commercial yeast, first wheat beer. A little under carbed, but tasty. I was worried about the orange being too strong at bottling, but it has mellowed a bit and is just refreshing now. Good yeast character too.

image-104167674.jpg

Two Hearted, to set me up for a disappointment when I crack my all centennial IPA that will be (theoretically) ready to taste tomorrow.

I guess it's not fair to drink the best IPA in the world on the eve of my first home brewed IPA. But, damn, this is good.

Had a glass of Laphroaig 10yr tonight... Sheesh... I like me some scotch, had a few single malts here and there, but just like Ralfy said in his review... Its one HUMDINGER of a whisky!! Its been an hour and I still can't get that seaweed bandaid taste out of my mouth. Acquired taste for sure...

doubletapbrewing said:
Nice, a Shoreline beer. That is from where I am from. Crazy expensive though. Went to buy a 12 pack from the brewery last weekend and they wanted $70, same price as what they charge in the brewery.

That Shoreline was about $7 for a 22oz

having a bit of a mystery bottle that someone gave me at our club meeting last night, either a nice english brown or a weird underattenuated black ipa.

Moving on to my bretted hobgoblin now

Back