What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm out of homebrew. Got a small batch of AG Pale Ale based on John Palmer's book burbling in the carboy, but that's 5 weeks out, so I'm sucking down a Newcastle. Gonna make a clone of this next.

Big Sky IPA - good s$%t. Piney/citrusy/bitter - Simcoe(?) hops, maybe. Best IPA I've tried for awhile.
Ruination is pretty good, but I like the Arrogant Bastard better. I'm planning a beer that I envision being similar to the AB: 2-row/20Lcaramel/simpsons medium/Simpson xtra drk/chocolate malt/Simcoe and Tettnang hops (I've got both and want to see how they go together). Should be a tasty, I don't know, hoppy American brown ale? The six-pack price of the Ruination and the AB is a bit out of line at $15.99.
Levitation is good as well - it's got a unique, subtle hop profile I like, and it goes for a somewhat reasonable $10.99/six.
I try to branch out from pales/IPAs, but I guess they are my favorite - no Altbier available in Missouri.

I'm alternating between my dark IPA, Big Sky - Moose Drool, and Rahr - Winter Warmer. Liking my dark IPA the best so far, but the girlfriend is enjoying the Moose Drool...I guess I'll be brewing a carmely brown in the future.

:mug:

New Glarus unplugged Imperial Weizen- It gets a wow.
Green Flash Hop Head Red- love those amarillos,columbus,nugget, nice hoppy creamy slick smooth malty,nice bittering love reds love ipa's love those hops.

First taste of my Cider Mill Cyser bottled two weeks ago. Still needs time to age and mellow, it's still hot with fusel alcohol I think.

Two Brothers Long Haul session ale aged in french oak. Good sour vibes.
Anybody know if this causes a light sourness, im not familar with bourben barrels or french oak, i typicaly get the vanilla woodyness with the oaks. But this beer is definatly got a tart sourness to it,its kinda nice but i havnt seen the ratings describing this as having some sourness to it. For a 4.2% this has loads of character drinkability and taste,just seems like a bit of a mild sour to me. Definatly not boring or weak. This beer is growing on me a bit, because ive had some sours that were well dumpers,this hits a good solid sour character but not an overwhelming dumper. I just love trying unique beers like this because this definatly is something ive never come across.The more i drink one of these from my six pack the more i start to apreciate it.

Victory Hopdevil, picked up a 6 on the way home.

Just bought that but liked the hop wallop way more.Still thats very decent.Wish i would have got the yakima gold, i have to go through loops to get their beer.

Coffee now, but last night I had N'Ice Chouffe (on tap at Cafe' Centraal) as well as Troubadour Magma (also draft). Both were outstanding. The Troubadour was the first Belgian style IPA I've had that I thought really worked.

Dr. Pepper right now, but picked up some 11-11-11 Vertical Epic and some 1809 Berliner Weisse for tonight.

Edit: Drinking the 1809, but decided I'll go ahead and age the 11-11-11 for a while.

1809 is some pretty good stuff. I am drinking some Brooklyn Sorachi Ace: a nice, bright saison. Good stuff.

I bought a 12 pack of SN celebration ale for later.

harrydrez said:
1809 is some pretty good stuff. I am drinking some Brooklyn Sorachi Ace: a nice, bright saison. Good stuff.

I bought a 12 pack of SN celebration ale for later.

Celebration is out? Gotta get some of that.

Today I had some Belgian IPA (citra and amarillo), Belgian dry stout, the a hoppy red ale.

Bottled some bracia at work yesterday, it's a strong dark ale made with Italian chestnut honey it's 10% and the fg was... wait for it.....1.035, viscous!

Had Stone Smoked Porters during the A&M/ku game, now hit'n the homestash Big Brown Dog American Brown Ale while I whip up my starter for brew day manana'.

SN Celebration at the moment while watching the Caps not play hockey. Had a Heavy Seas Winter Storm during the first period. May have to crack open Flying Dog's The Fear for the third.

DannPM said:
Ben, I know what I've read but I'd like to hear your description of a pure mo brew.

This model is:

Light and crisp. well balanced hop profile, more sweet than bitter, but with a wonderful aroma. A little bit fruity, very clean and crisp but with a slight tartness coming through. Not quite like any commercial brew I've ever had.

Back