What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_3959.jpeg
IMG_3960.jpeg

Spent the afternoon at the Santa Barbara Botanic Garden. We left feeling hungry and thirsty so we stopped at Third Window Brewing for a bite to eat and a couple of beers.

A British style pub ale, and a taster of their BBA Walkabout, a chocolate imperial stout with local oranges, 99 Blackbirds chocolate, and Madagascar vanilla.

IMG_3875.jpeg

Next up The Dark, 2021 GABF Gold medal winner - Schwarzbier.

IMG_3876.jpeg

The still nameless lager I poured for a Valheim session with an old friend from back home in Oregon. I'm not too into video games, but it sure is fun spending a couple hours drinking, insulting each other, BS'ing, and scheming up dreadfully antisocial behavior, just like we used to do.

Occasionally the clouds part and you realize the internet isn't pure evil.
D16E8147-10F9-4F1E-8B6D-FC7AE1FA4F84.jpeg

Celebrating National Beer Day, like I do almost every day. Black Butt Porter.

20240407_152519.jpg

Yesterday we scored a free Weber kettle grill, in like-new condition. Some guy a few blocks over had it out at the curb, said they grill on propane now.

20240407_103607.jpg

It's been ages since I've grilled on charcoal, so looking forward to doing a beef roast first nice day we get. Gas grilling is convenient, but nothing beats charcoal for flavor.

I'm spending this rainy day watching YouTube vids on smoking meat over charcoal. I'll look over HBT's meat-smoking section, as well.

Celebrating National Beer Day, like I do almost every day. Black Butt Porter.

View attachment 845971

Yesterday we scored a free Weber kettle grill, in like-new condition. Some guy a few blocks over had it out at the curb, said they grill on propane now.

View attachment 845976

It's been ages since I've grilled on charcoal, so looking forward to doing a beef roast first nice day we get. Gas grilling is convenient, but nothing beats charcoal for flavor.

I'm spending this rainy day watching YouTube vids on smoking meat over charcoal. I'll look over HBT's meat-smoking section, as well.
Don't be surprised if it doesn't get as hot as you'd like and maintain heat. I had issues with that model.

Don't be surprised if it doesn't get as hot as you'd like and maintain heat. I had issues with that model.

Good to know, thanks. I might continue to do burgers and such on gas, and use the Weber for low-and-slow stuff. Might end up using it mostly as a smoker.

Back