What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beer and cake...cause why not

20240316_200804.jpg

Brewed an IPA this morning, worked on a tractor engine with my son all afternoon and I’m going to enjoy a beer. HB Munich Dunkel. This has been lagering in my kegerator for quite a while since I wasn’t able to drink anything for a few months. It tastes amazing. Shoulder is super sore tonight from too much activity so I’m going to savor this.
IMG_1850.jpeg

Completely agree. I call it a West coast barleywine. Three years will tone that down completely. There's a local brewery here Spyglass that did a really good bw. It's like young Bigfoot but with a lot more maltiness I'd give anything for their recipe :) I got a couple that I'm aging too
Start with what they tell you on their website. In terms of what grains/malts if they give you anything. Most likely American Pale Malt, Crystal, something like Victory malt, maybe Caramunich. Hops if they tell you. They are known for using Perle, Nugget, Cascade, and sometimes Centennial. Take their numbers for hop bitterness and alcohol %. From there you can get an idea of starting gravity and hop additions. Color is least important if they don’t give it to you then roughly 17 SRM is a good starting point. Its Sierra Nevada so Wyeast 1056 is a great choice for yeast.

You already know more than you might think you do. I bet you could get closer than you think. And then you refine the recipe each time. AHA has published clone recipes and there are others online. Don’t underestimate yourself - you can do it.

Last edited:
Family drama and headed to a good friend for an "adult dinner" Brought many ipas and good whiskey. Love the 17 year old. Brought my whiskey maple syrup pudding for dessert. Odd when the god daughter joins and now loves whiskey and bourbon as dessert. Strange days
PXL_20240316_230825903.jpg

Did stop by Dirigible and Irish folk music before dinner. Also strange days. Buying a 4 pk of beer automatically gets u entered into a raffle of a brewery gift card or a gift basket of weed.. Strange days indeed
PXL_20240316_201152089.jpg

Last edited:
I do hope that's a good one. I plan to drive down for pizza and beer to go in mid-March. Even after a two-hour drive, the pizza in my backseat is still worth it.

I've only had one of their rotating ones in the past several months that I haven't been too big a fan of, but it was still super solid. They just won a whole bunch of awards recently too, so they've obviously doing more than just a little something right.

IMG_4317.jpeg
IMG_4318.jpeg
Citra goodness in Nanotech, thank you @TheDudeLebowski!
Leftovers of the HB ciders I made back in October 2022. I shared these with some friends last night so why dump the remains? Figured I would blend them all together to finish off the bottles (plain, Concord grape, vanilla & jalapeño).

Also not holiday appropriate but drinking a bourbon peach smash.

1 1/2 oz bourbon (I have Wild Turkey 86)
1/2 oz Peach Schnapps
Top up with ICE peach nectarine we needed to get out of the fridge to make room

View attachment 844376
Alright, you convinced me to make one or two of these.

Latest posts

Back