What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_4300.jpeg
IMG_4301.jpeg
IMG_4302.jpeg
This porch bomb showed up today.
Since the beer came chilled I had to crack one open. Thanks a million @TheDudeLebowski !!!

I've never seen one of these in the wild before (pictures only) so was really excited to find it. Anticipation, thinking lots of maltiness, maybe toffee, some sweet. All I get is a ton of hop bitterness. Completely overwhelmed my palate and couldn't detect anything else. Very disappointing to me but I'm sure many folks think it's great. Into the vault to check one each year to see if it gets better with age.
View attachment 844187
When we moved 6 years ago I found several from 2013, 14, and 16. I'm not sure why there were no 2015s.

Wife and I seem to remember where the clean out is but after digging for a hour in our front yard still can't locate it. Rainey today so no more digging. I ordered a 50ft drain camera and waiting for that to show up. However, Huskers play in 3hrs...all this equals ain't doing $hit today. Time to enjoy life for a day....Go Wisconsin! You'll never hear me say that again!

PXL_20240316_165720664.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg

Had a rep from New Belgium talk at a club meeting, and he said the reason the fat tire recipe was changed is because ambers have become less popular. On the other hand a small local brewery just released an amber and so far it’s very popular. Cheers!
You'd think as Fat Tire was their flagship from way back, they could have come up with a new name for the new beer, not keep the same name for a new beer and tick off Fat Tire drinkers from way back.

Jealous! My wife doesn’t know it yet but I’m planning a trip to Hershey Park for my daughter just so I have the excuse to visit Troegs. One of my favorite breweries. Consistently good beer, always.
Be prepared to wait in lines. The park is great don't get me wrong but I've been going there since I was a kid and remember minimal lines, last time I was at the park was years ago with my daughter and wow.. yeah but it's a great experience, Hershey is a cool town. Cheers

Jealous! My wife doesn’t know it yet but I’m planning a trip to Hershey Park for my daughter just so I have the excuse to visit Troegs. One of my favorite breweries. Consistently good beer, always.
My wife doesn't know it yet, but I'm planning a trip to Hershey for her birthday in May, for the exact same reason and reasoning; Troegs' beer is always awesome, and in all honesty, one her favorites as well.

Waiting for a great moment to open this but you know...

Just went through, with the 15yr old granddaughter, fire extinguisher, fire blanket, Heimlich and because I'm a Husker fan, CPR training. We don't have an AED yet, but that's coming.

Bit thin but tasty. Sweet. Little BA profile.

PXL_20240316_232255010.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

I've never seen one of these in the wild before (pictures only) so was really excited to find it. Anticipation, thinking lots of maltiness, maybe toffee, some sweet. All I get is a ton of hop bitterness. Completely overwhelmed my palate and couldn't detect anything else. Very disappointing to me but I'm sure many folks think it's great. Into the vault to check one each year to see if it gets better with age.
View attachment 844187
I was given a 2014 at our club Christmas party

Back