What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First attempt at Vienna
Beware the Buc-ee!
20240312_173149.jpg

Dregs off the bottom of the fermenter from a grist comprised of 20% Bestmaltz Munich, 80% Bestmaltz Pils, and 3oz of Melanoidan at 1.050. It doesn't really fit squarely into any of Beersmith's BJCP style templates (not that I care) but it's pretty close to the mark in terms of what I was tasting on my "mind's tongue." Think I might sub in a 1/2lb of Dark Munich next year, but it'll be a nice early spring guzzler and I expect the keg will evaporate.

Not sure what to call it.
3396538B-119B-4102-BF97-8E52D8D142C2.jpeg

No doubt about what this is! It's a UK IPA. But I could also call it a pale ale...🤔
4A4F2DFC-55BA-4358-9FE6-E8DFA1DB42FC.jpeg

Dregs off the bottom of the fermenter from a grist comprised of 20% Bestmaltz Munich, 80% Bestmaltz Pils, and 3oz of Melanoidan at 1.050. It doesn't really fit squarely into any of Beersmith's BJCP style templates (not that I care) but it's pretty close to the mark in terms of what I was tasting on my "mind's tongue." Think I might sub in a 1/2lb of Dark Munich next year, but it'll be a nice early spring guzzler and I expect the keg will evaporate.

Not sure what to call it.
View attachment 844042

No doubt about what this is! It's a UK IPA. But I could also call it a pale ale...🤔
View attachment 844043

Call it "Mind's Tongue."
Or "Mind Stung."

Playing around in advance of St Pattys Day:

2 oz Irish Creme liqueur
1 oz Irish Whiskey (I currently have Powers)
1 oz Jamison Orange

This should have a name. Its like that orange chocolate candy that comes out around Christmas. I have a pretty good feel what mixes with what. I literally just made this up. This one’s a keeper.

Last edited:
Playing around in advance of St Pattys Day:

2 oz Irish Creme liqueur
1 oz Irish Whiskey (I currently have Powers)
1 oz Jamison Orange

This should have a name. Its like that orange chocolate candy that comes out around Christmas. I have a pretty good feel what mixes with what. I literally just made this up. This one’s a keeper.
Jelly stick, though they aren’t creamy, so the chocolate orange that one smacks to break into “slices”. Senior moment, can’t think of the name of it.
Edit:
IMG_2903.jpeg

Last edited:
Another project from local Annex Ale, along with Indie Alehouse and Merit Brewing. 'Grime & Punishment' Wild Imperial Stout. I wish I had taken more notice of the 'wild' part of this 10% brew...sigh.

The stout part is very tasty, but the spine-tingle from the Brett just doesn't seem right. It's a good beer and I'll wolf the 4 of them down, but Brett is still not my friend...eeeeEEEEEyuck! o_O😂

Cheers!:bigmug:

Grime_and_Punishment.jpg

Latest posts

Back