What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HB Hazy (ish) Pale …

:mug:

Attachments

• IMG_2373.jpeg
    IMG_2373.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
https://www.apexflavors.com/Baking/...ural-flavor-extract-baking-cakes-cookies~3774

Good coconut flavor, but must be used sparingly. It's very intense. First time I brewed it I used 2 1/2 TBS. Too much. This time I backed it down to a touch over 1 TBS. Better, but if I use it again I'll back it down to 1 tsp. I'm looking for more subtly. Still, mine compares favorably to Kona's Hiwa Coconut Porter.
Big fan of extracts. They are so authentic these days and so easy for us HB'ers. I still have fig extract to mimic BCBS from last year if I ever get to brewing again.

Big fan of extracts. They are so authentic these days and so easy for us HB'ers. I still have fig extract to mimic BCBS from last year if I ever get to brewing again.
You will, at least I hope you will. Your beers are very good.

In general I like Apex flavorings, though I was quite disappointed with the grapefruit flavoring. Quite medicinal.

Come on keg, kick. I've got another beer ready to swap in.

HB Scottish Ale.

View attachment 842950
You'll be missing it in two weeks, that's just how it goes. ;) Stunning ale, btw.

It was dark and dreary yesterday, so ordinary bitter.
30C42B1C-17B6-4E4E-9882-B93B3631D372.jpeg

It's bright and cold today, so my all-malt premium fizzy yellow swill, Henry Wienhard's Private Parts.
3C1D3F6D-2027-4CD5-B7EC-D7A4B09CA66E.jpeg

Thanks!! I only wish it tastes as good as it looks. While not bad I think the use of Nottingham yeast didn't work as well as the London Ale yeast I used previously.
Oh, wow! Yeah, I can see that. They're radically different strains.

Doesn't change the fact that it's gorgeous, and I'd happily swill a pint! :)

Treehouse Tewks

Persist Choc Truffle Stout

Sequoia w/ Douglas Fir Tips
. Really nice red

Sequoia, a Red IPA inspired by the towering trees out west.

Sequoia pours a beautiful red hue with a white foam head. It is aggressively hopped with a unique blend of Columbus, Chinook, Nelson, and Simcoe hops.

This beer rouses the senses with a rush of orange citrus, sparkling grapefruit, and piney resin. Following behind these snappy aromas are layers of rich caramel and toffee undertones. Unmistakably balanced, complex, and as refreshing as the rarified air found off the beaten path.

PXL_20240301_171619366.jpg
PXL_20240301_171813360.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20240301_171619366.jpg
    PXL_20240301_171619366.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
Back