What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0994.jpeg

HB Fresh Hop PA (Homegrown Cascade, Old Mission, Chinook, Comet, Medusa, Saaz). They didn't have my normal WLP007-Dry English Ale, so I thought I'd sub in 13 instead. My mistake, the bubblegum esters are overpowering (fermented at 65F, FFS!). Thank God a slice of lemon neutralizes the flavor.
IMG_5115.JPG

Last edited:
A nice day for a tripel.

20240219_155417.jpg

WX forecast for this coming weekend says temps back up in the 50s. Planning to brew in the garage over propane--first outside brew of the season. And last lager of the season. Need to take advantage of that 45F tap water for chilling.

Drawing up a recipe for Baltic porter, including 1 lb of Rauchmalz for a bit of smoke.

I rarely drink anymore. I mostly have been brewing just for competition and as gifts. Also have been switching from beer/ale to mead. Today I picked up a case of 7oz Modelo. Nothing special, but I appreciate the 7oz bottles. I prefer the Modelo over Corona, as Corona just seems to be too sweet and not as malt forward. I'm thinking of cranking out a few 4.x% meads for consumption over the summer. They are super refreshing and an alternative to a typical lawn mowing beer/ale. I cranked out a mead recipe last summer that friends and family said was somewhere between Fresca and Sprite but with a slight kick.

Back