What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Celebrating with a Cosmic Wave DIPA...man. Finally getting back to brewing and started a long-overdue DIPA!

cosmic_DIPA.jpg

One of the easiest brews I've ever had tonight, started the boil at 17:44, pitched the mighty Voss at 21:45, gotta love the easy-cool extract method! Little bit of Munich & Crystal 60º for a soak, then 4.5kg of Light LME. Mostly Cascade, but put in some el Dorado at 8mins for a change...253g total!!

Smells great! No testing as the hopload was just too much to settle out for a reading, but estimated on Brewfather at 1.066OG onto a 1.007FG, no dry-hop but will keg after settling out. Cheers! :mug:

I'm starting to get the kegs filled up again.

Henry Weinhard's Private Parts. This isn't a clone by any means, I wrote the all-malt recipe to showcase a regional maltster's pils malt, Riverbend's Chesapeake Pils. Along the way, my inner-Beavis provided a stroke of...something (Uh, huh, huh, huh, you said "stroke"). I sent a few texts back home to Oregon and everyone agreed that we really disgraced ourselves for not thinking about that back in the day. In our defense, we just called it Hanks. It's nice enough, still a bit green at only 17 days since it was pitched.
BFA8E995-1EF3-422A-B41F-B4AF0B94042C.jpeg

And a bit of UK...something. I kegged it earlier today, so this is leftovers straight off the fermenter. Like all my UK stuff, this is a new recipe. It's just Otter, 10% invert #2, and a lot of EKGs at 1.054. I'll wait a week or two before I call it a pale ale or an IPA. I wrote the recipe as an IPA, but time will tell. I think I'll cook up some invert #1 for the next batch.
622E7449-BD23-45A8-9F5F-4172F183A152.jpeg

Last edited:
Understand why many woodworkers use the metric system....

Buddy gave me some free beers. This one I guess because he doesn't like me. 🤣

View attachment 842315
At my prior job I managed to diminish reinspection failures by just shy of forty-percent by teaching new hires that "if you just flip the ruler over..."

Management eventually got word of this and issued new, SAE only rulers, because the spec was in 32nds.

Don't let your kids go into the guitar business.

Around the start of Covid a couple guys from my homebrew club opened Humdinger Brewery. Last year they also bought the LHBS because it also has a 10bbl system which allows them to be able to brew more beer, and open a tasting room there with live music. I stopped there today to grab some grains for my next brew day, and while there enjoyed a Fog Crusher.

IMG_3783.jpeg

Home now enjoying a HB Best Bitter

IMG_3784.jpeg

Back