What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_3147.jpeg

Wow, now that’s a great Hell! Delicious and malty, balanced and restrained hopping, Memminger has this one nailed!

Great mouthfeel, low head, zero lacing, this yummy 4.9% Helles lager is where it’s at. I need more…! Rats, only one can in the Advent Calendar box!

Memminger Brauerei, Memmingen, Germany, since 1886. Prost!

IMG_6301.jpeg

Last edited:
Great Märzen! The can says Tradition and I say Traditional! Herrnbräu brings us this scrumptious and palate-pleasing 5.5% ABV Märzen, brewed by Privatbrauerei H. Egerer, Grossköllnbach, Germany.

Tradition Bayerisches Festbier is brewed according to the Reinheitsgebot German Beer Purity law of 1516.

Perfect color and clarity, medium head, disappearing lacing and good body, this traditional tasting Märzen is sure to be a crowd-pleaser, and best to be chugged by the Krug-full alongside about 50 like-minded beer freaks between mouthfuls of chicken and brats. Prost!

IMG_6308.jpeg

First brew back after something like 5 years, maybe? And new system that takes me all the way back - stove, Igloo mash tun, plastic bucket fermenters, etc. Coniston Bluebird, basically. Touch too high a BU:GU as I overestimated my efficiency (my former Spike system was quite high, and that was the baseline for this first foray. The Igloo and hand-ladling sparge, etc., gave me 80%, whereas the Spike was much higher). Still, really nice and clean, full of character for an OG 9.6 P. Which is what first grabbed me about the Bluebird a long time ago in Chicago, when I tried it for the first time.

Primed for a low carbonation at 1.7 vCO2. About a week and a half of conditioning now, coming along.

1703123030086.jpeg

Back