What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somehow seems appropriate! Next up Wisconsin/Texas. If Texas wins I get a 12pk from a dude at work. Ergo, and you don't hear this from me often..or ever, Go Longhorns!

PXL_20231215_021408417.PORTRAIT.jpg

Liquid King Julius Yum!

Liquid King is rare riff on King Julius featuring liquid hop concentrate! Pouring a glowing orange color into your glass, it presents with vivid citrus aromas combined with notes of orange creamsicle, mango smoothie, and a bounty of fresh tropical fruit. Thoughtfully crafted, it will never tire your palate, and remains enjoyable all the way to the bottom of your glass
PXL_20231215_231542760.jpg

Somewhere Something Incredible is Waiting to be Known Marshmallow stout

This new American stout is intended to complement the character of the season and the Thanksgiving tradition. Brewed with pale, caramel, and roasted malts and conditioned with a blend of chocolate, vanilla, and our favorite freshly roasted coffee, Somewhere pours a luscious pitch black in the glass with a dense mocha head. We taste and smell complex notes of swiss chocolate, vanilla ice cream, and chocolate chocolate chip cookies. A rich body and a gentle carbonation contribute to a beer that is the ideal holiday digestive. We hope this beer can serve as a lubricant to reflect and give thanks during this special time of year. Enjoy.
With Marshmallow added
PXL_20231215_233237646.jpg

Last edited:
Day 15 on the Calendar brings us Husaren Trunk, a beer that I’m guessing is a Dampfbier. What is a Dampfbier you may ask? It is the equivalent of the former Anchor Steam – a lager beer fermented at ale temperatures. This is not marked on the can however, the beer style is missing. A Dampfbier is a very rare style in SoCal.

The clue comes from the name of the brewery – Gräflich von Mengersen’sche Dampfbrauerei GmbH & Co. of Brakel-Rheder, Germany. I thought this beer was a mouthful. That name is a mouthful!

You know, a lot of those warm-fermented W34/70 lagers you fellas and gals keep making would technically be Steam Beers or Dampfbiers. I say we re-label those “warm fermented lager” threads over to “brewing Dampfbiers!”

At 5.3% ABV, taste is of a Golden Lager but not quite as malt forward as a good Helles. Prost!

IMG_6225.jpeg

Last edited:
Annex Ale Project - Howling Fantods DIPA, another obscure local from Brewery Row. Pineapple right off the hit, then some papaya as it warms and now into the resinous flavours. Very nice! A well-deserved 8.5% after every fly shop we cater to seemed to realize that their Christmas bookings needed to be in today. Sheesh! So many orders!

Cheers! :bigmug:

AnnexAleProject_HowlingDIPA.jpg

Also, there's a rumour that St.Nick enjoys casting a fly and he might be floating by during tomorrow's fishing sessions!! So, if anyone is fishing on the mighty Bow River tomorrow up here in Alberta, Canada, keep an eye out for Santa! 😆🎅 If he pulls up I might offer him a cold one...but if he floats through my run, I'll throw one at him! Eff-you, Santa!!🤣

1Santa_Outfly.jpg

Latest posts

Back