What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy Orval Day!
20230325_220615.jpg

Simple extract HB Saison in a fancy glass. Delicious. 66% Pils DME, 22% Wheat DME,
12% Turbinado. Nelson Sauvin at 30, 10, and 5 for 27IBU. Bootleg Biology Saison Parfait yeast. I will definitely make this again.
View attachment 816016
Made a triple today with Bootleg Biology OB Belgian. Hope it comes out as good as your saison did.

Good progress on a nice day....

Okay local $3-19oz Hazy but an awesome local mug!

View attachment 816150

I knew my comment above would speak to you. I almost @-ed you,but thought you’d be sleeping. Can’t keep up with your schedule.
Did you tell us what you’re building yet, I can’t remember. It looks pro to me. 👍

I remember that beer !!!!
Those things were a bargain so I bought a bunch from the native plant series to see how they aged.

From my notes this one had some good funk fresh. Aged it has a nice clean lemon now. A very funky aroma. I seem to remember a sharp funkiness fresh but its def rounded out now.

Delirium Tremens, Belgian Ale, brewed by Family Brewery Huyghe, Belgium.

Pours a golden hue, crystal clarity, a solid one-finger head and good lacing. Slight flowery essence and somewhat residual sweetness. Flavor reminds me a lot of the plastic toys I used to chew on as a toddler back in the early 1960’s.

Really hides the 8.5% alcohol. I’d guess 6%, maybe it is the residual sweetness that masks it. A good beer to brag you actually drank one, otherwise go buy a Sixer of something else you like.
8DF7CBB5-34C9-4D8D-BF70-A627491D89A0.jpeg

Back