What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just read Matt Rhule enjoyed a Flyover Oatmeal Stout while recruiting. Well cheers to that! @camonick what's your take on the CU and NU coaching changes?

HB Dark Czech

View attachment 807290
Sorry, but I’m kind of an oddity and don’t give 2 squirts about college or professional sports. I do like to watch the Husker volleyball team play (for obvious reasons) when I can watch them on the local PBS station. To be honest… I couldn’t even tell you who the coaches were/ are for either team.

Tasty black lager. Haven't had a lot of this style so will be looking for others.
View attachment 807289
Get yourself a Köstritzer Schwarzbier… they are great!!!!

Edit: Shiner Bohemian Black Lager is a decent one too. There is also quite a debate about whether New Belgium’s 1554 belongs in that style.

Last edited:
136C7F86-5454-477F-8DDB-21B951B42EE4.jpeg
5B774D97-C647-4379-B5B0-ECE673D750F3.jpeg
A craft Kölsch and my HB Kölsch.

HB Black India Pale Lager made from leftover ingredients.
Maris Otter base, a generous amount of Crystal Malt, and some Chocolate Malt. Bittering hops are Challenger and Idaho-7 with late additions of Idaho-7 and Elderflowers. Saflager S-23 yeast. 5.1% ABV and very drinkable. Just tapped the keg earlier.

IMG_8208.jpg

20221207_173959.jpg

Sorry I don't have the beer to show it, but it was a Beach Blonde Ale from 3 Daughters Brewing in St. Petersburg, FL, inside the Tampa Bay Rays' Stadium. We were there for the 2022 edition of "Enchanted", an amazing holiday light show that the grandkids love seeing each year. We've previously attended at the 'Nats' stadium in D.C. with the other set of grandkids.

The evening concluded with a stop at Green Bench Brewing, a few blocks from Tropicana Field. Things were really hopping in downtown St. Pete for a Wednesday night.

Fizzy yellow liquid. just finished cleaning out the gutters. getting too old for this $ist. may have to talk junior into the two on floor dos. i see bourbon in my future ... :ghostly:
Ah, yes, but an amazing fuzzy yellow liquid. Which necessitated the stop at Green Bench, where they offer up a veritable cornucopia of fine beverages, including a foeder fermentered/wine barrel aged golden sour that clocks in at 10.1% ABV. Thank goodness for Uber and Excedrin.

Last edited:
Back