What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HB Piwo Grodziskie:
8F136D6B-3A87-422E-B908-4E9418974A20.jpeg

Having a new one from local Establishment Brewing, called 'Hello Euphoria'. Super-clean finish, quite bitter with maybe a 'butter popcorn' flavour in the finish..? Very interesting, or maybe my taste buds are still goofy from stupid Covid. Sometimes I still can't smell a thing! 🤪

Oh well, it's a tasty beer break as I decide how many grams of spruce tips to add to my upcoming hi-test Porter...hmmm.🤔 Cheers!:bigmug:

View attachment 807007
Sounds like diacetyl to me, but hay I'm in the middle COVID myself. Just seems like a bad head cold. Heal up!

Sounds like diacetyl to me, but hay I'm in the middle COVID myself. Just seems like a bad head cold. Heal up!
Haha, I was pretty sick for a couple days, but there's a few effects that still linger. Having bad lungs makes me watch it closer.T he freaky part is that I got it at the end of April this year ('22) and still have some days where I cannot taste/smell anything. Sigh.

Hops mostly just taste like a mild 'pot' terpene kind of deal. Not a bad thing, just not what a Citra or 'Creamsicle beer' or a porter should taste like.

Keep your fluids up, and get back into exercise slowly. Sometimes the 'Vid can take more out of you than you might think. 👊

Hydrometer sample from last week’s home-grown hop pale ale. OG was 1.051, FG is 1.012 for a 5.1% ABV. I kept the bittering low so the home finishing hops would come through, a blend of cascade and Columbus. It’s very balanced, with a little tangerine and lemon. This probably going to be crushable when it’s carbonated.
C610972B-22F4-4924-9F56-DAA07CBBF64E.jpeg

Hydrometer sample from last week’s home-grown hop pale ale. OG was 1.051, FG is 1.012 for a 5.1% ABV. I kept the bittering low so the home finishing hops would come through, a blend of cascade and Columbus. It’s very balanced, with a little tangerine and lemon. This probably going to be crushable when it’s carbonated.
mmm,,,MMMmmm,:rolleyes:

What are you drinking now?

Cant drink all day if you don't start in the morning... 2018 version, mighty fine. This after while making breakfast, I had to break up a seasoning shaker and had my finger on one side of the lid, but didn't realize it had a second half larger opening and it popped open and seasoning went all over my kitchen... and my dog.. so here I am.
20221204_085007.jpg

First try of my 2nd all grain brew, a hefeweizen primed with Raspberry lowicz..... quite simply the prettiest thing I've ever brewed.
20221204_171738.jpg

Beautiful snow white head with microbubbles that I see on all the accomplished brewers pictures, wonderful full mouth feel with just a hint of Raspberry..... surpasses most of what you'd pay for in a pub in blighty.
Absolutely delighted😊🤟

9E8118C5-CBF6-46F6-9DFE-5CE741D32FB2.jpeg
From @TheDudeLebowski!
Tree House’s Curiosity One Hundred Twenty Seven Curiosity features an exotic blend of hops including Eclipse, Zamba, Rakau, and Nelson. It carries a novel flavor experience with notes of juicy tropical fruit, orange candy, peach flesh, and white grape offset by a mild bitterness. The label, illustrated by our longtime friend and collaborator Dean McKeever, depicts a seasonally appropriate scene to add to your enjoyment of this unique offering. Enjoy!

Back