What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Racer 5, a solid ipa.

7C5F45B9-7FB4-4F90-9678-C26A097C1B90.jpeg

La Fin du Monde by Unibroue. What a week! Seems like every shop we supply across Canada has sent in their Christmas rod & tackle orders at the same time. Whewph!

This 9% Tripel has been a favourite of mine for over 20yrs. Happy Friday folks! Cheers! :thumbsup:

FinduMonde.jpg

Last edited:
Much like last year around this time…I look at my crowded garage beer fridge and think:

1. What special occasion are you waiting for? Just drink the damn beers already.
2. I wonder how much more weight that middle shelf can actually handle?

UNLIKE last year, I’ve polished off 4 bottles in the past 2 days.

For context, it is loaded with a ton of Firestone Walker beers from 2 years of membership in their club.

Attachments

• F96D2EB6-9DD5-4082-940B-454CEFCA9729.jpeg
    F96D2EB6-9DD5-4082-940B-454CEFCA9729.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 67EF58DB-17BF-46C5-ACFF-42CA0334D0C6.jpeg
    67EF58DB-17BF-46C5-ACFF-42CA0334D0C6.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Another great HB from @Section1 . I told Kevin I would try this on thanksgiving, but I didn’t feel well and didn’t want to drink it and not be able to enjoy it. I’m glad I waited. It’s got a hint of spices, but they’re not overwhelming and nicely balanced with the dark beer. Well done.
A0AE5DCA-76BF-4D18-B42C-CADD25CB76BE.jpeg

20221127_012917.jpg

I'm on one of those tears right now where I only drink my own brews. We have been killing it lately, with a half dozen beers in a row that we consider perfect (at least to us, as starting points for further iteration). This is our gingerbread porter, kegged in a 1.75 gallon vessel we brought to "second thanksgiving" tonight. Clean tasting, and way too crushable for its 7% abv. The gingerbread spice is right there, but far enough back that you get more "porter" than "cookie" if that makes sense. I kinda want to add more spice when we package to the 5 gallon keg, but right now, for my personal tastes, it's pretty good. I don't usually make porters, but this beer seems like it's an obvious carrier for all kinds of adjunct flavors.

Latest posts

Back