What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nukebrewer said:
That oak aged Unearthly was really good, but had a lot of body. This 2XIPA is relatively light and very refreshing. Also, my part time beer model is really cute.

What were you doing, holding up cheese wrapped in bacon? Lol..

Earlier I had an Aviator Devil's Tramping Ground tripel, pretty nice. Now, just popped the cork on a homebrewed sour saison

image-946666659.jpg

Saint Somewhere Saison Athene. My plan on holding on to a couple of these isn't working, they are awesome. Guess I will head back to the bottle shop tomorrow, hopefully they have some left.

Second bottle of my Double Chocolate Milk Stout that I partial mashed and added a can of Cooper's OS Stout for LME and the bittering addition.

It's about 4(?) months old now and it's just OK. I've drank the whole batch so obviously doesn't taste bad (to me) but my next stout will be done differently.

Just had a grav sample from saison I need to bottle tomorrow. Same grist as my last petite saison, hopped with Motueka and Nelson. As refreshing as it is at 80 degress and flat, I'm really looking forward to it after it's bottle conditioned. Maybe a tad on the thin side, mashed very low and then overshot my dextrinization rest, so I skipped to mash out temps with out it. Didn't degas the sample, but it was at least 1.000, maybe under.

Now onto some Brown Shugga. I'll be lucky to have a 6er left come winter. Might hafta get a case this year instead of a 12 pack. I don't know how anyone likes this stuff fresh, but it's getting tasty as the hops and the booze chillax a little.

Having a HB'ed oatmeal stout, then back to my mild. I can't drink tomorrow, because I'm driving almost 800 miles, so I'm making up for it tonight.

Having a HB'ed oatmeal stout, then back to my mild. I can't drink tomorrow, because I'm driving almost 800 miles, so I'm making up for it tonight.

Once you get to TN, maybe your wife will take over. It's legal for passengers to drink here. No, really.

TNGabe said:
Once you get to TN, maybe your wife will take over. It's legal for passengers to drink here. No, really.

Nice! We're driving over night, so the kids and the dog will sleep. The wife will probably pass out around midnight, so it'll be a peaceful trip. I'm gonna take a nap when we get in, then we're headed to check out a new pub in Gainesboro Saturday evening. I hope to get there sometime around 8:00 that morning. My wife would drive, if I asked her, but her driving makes me nervous, so I'll suck it up and drive the whole way. It's only 12 hours...

image-3551033919.jpg

8 month old apfelwein. Making room in the beer fridge for my trip to Cigar City Saturday.

image-2786084610.jpg

Incase anyone ever wonders why I drink so many Cigar City beers....because I can. Great brewery, I'm totally geeked about Saturday.

allenH said:
8 month old apfelwein. Making room in the beer fridge for my trip to Cigar City Saturday.

Incase anyone ever wonders why I drink so many Cigar City beers....because I can. Great brewery, I'm totally geeked about Saturday.

I'm quite interested to see what comes back with you. :)

Oh look... right behind Founders ;)

Just watched an episode of Drinking Made Easy where they visited Goose Island. They talked about BCCS. That's about it. Not impressed. I like the show, but they segment was I impressive. At least AB-InBev didn't even get mentioned.

Ostomo517 said:
I think this should work like foreign trade, if you get access to Founders we get access to CC!

That would be great, wouldn't it? I live 2 hours from the brewery and can't get much of the "really" good stuff here. Just the basics and a couple of seasonals, and most of those are sold out before I can get to the bottle shop on my lunch break.

What did you think of Pakos?

It was pretty dang good! Wish they would have had a mix and match 12 pack or something. I ended up just grabbing the dell's ipa 6-pack and the Pakos 6-pack cause i can't get either here in MT. I would have loved to try their stout as well. I did end up stopping in to the brewery and having a pitcher of the Hoback Hef though and that was awesome!

Latest posts

Back