What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Fine Pilsner after One Of Those Days.
2DE33797-30C3-431E-A635-BBD563970131.jpeg

Between one fertilizer plant having a complete meltdown, shutting them down for the rest of the season, and a second one having 3 of their 5 delivery trucks down for repairs, one fuel distributor running out of diesel, the other not having a driver available to fill in for the one who’s on vacation, and rain most of the day, made trying to finish planting by next Tuesday’s Federal Crop Insurance planting deadline truly One Of Those Days.

OTOH, our crop insurance agent says that May 31 is the longest day of the year, so I suppose we will finish on time. :cool:

Saw this at the store today so I thought I’d give it a try. If you’ve ever had a peach from Palisade, CO, you’d probably agree they could be the best peaches in the world. They just don’t belong in a wheat beer. It isn’t a good flavor combination for me. It doesn’t taste good combined with the natural banana/clove flavors. I don’t think I’ll buy it again.
IMG_0692.jpeg

HB TH IPA courtesy of Treehouse via YouTube. This one might be a keeper. Conditioning is doing its thing and bitterness is fading in a good way. It was supposed to finish around 7% but mine is 6%. Efficiency was lower than expected so OG was off a bit. Honestly, that might be all that needs to be fixed. Just needs a tad more sweetness but it's pretty good so far.
16850503530043879571806471236416.jpg

HB Blonde Ale.
22AA67C6-5030-40D8-9511-EBD47891311C.jpeg

My son and my oldest grandson are the tractor operators. I’m the gofer. I think I drove about 50 miles today just running from one end of the farm to the other. We now have enough seed, fuel, and fertilizer on hand to finish planting. We should be done in 2 more days; we just don’t know which 2 it will be. :cool:

Trumer Pils. From the great Trumer Brewery in Berkeley, California. I’d say this is about the best pilsner brewed in the US. I’d love to visit the Mothership in Salzburg, Austria someday to figure out that open fermentation. This is fantastic.

Half a finger head, medium carbonation, ever so slight haze, this 4.9% ABV, 26 IBU, 19.2 oz can is a thirst quencher. Excellent in all ways! C’mon other Euro brewers, step it up! We need you here!
E24F8844-B1B8-4994-95CF-7EAC44F42A20.jpeg

Another HB TH IPA. Cant take all the credit. Still QC'ing it...For science of course. Honestly, I dig it. Look up the treehouse ipa recipe on YouTube. Watch all the vids including Apartment Brewer. Follow the recipe as best you can. Watch Nates from TH tasting vid. It is kinda bitter but I'm not mad at it. Might need a little more residual sweetness to round it out. Definitely worth brewing 🍻
16851430908296257078601810961508.jpg

Back