What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guinness Draught
85B96CD6-BF11-48E1-82E3-2A535F5AF137.jpeg

Almost all those FW barrel aged strong ales age so nicely. I have a fridge full that I'm working my way through.
"Limited Addition" 3pk showed up at Total Wine so couldn't resist. I still didn't see 2023 Parabola yet. Soon I hope??

Next.....for Central Texas in Winter, this is a beautiful fuc*ing evening.

PXL_20230228_001517319.PORTRAIT.jpg

Last edited:
"Limited Addition" 3pk showed up at Total Wine so couldn't resist. I still didn't see 2023 Parabola yet. Soon I hope??

Next.....for Central Texas in Winter, this is a beautiful fuc*ing evening.

View attachment 813848
I see '23 was released recently, but may be currently only available on tap at the brewery and their tap rooms. I'm thinking the general (bottle) release should be any day now.

Voodoo Ranger IPA, by New Belgium. Truth be told, I mostly buy this beer because the bottles are nice for bottling my own home-brew!

Nice! There's an art to bottling. Thick bottles, easy label removal and a long bevel to cap properly is a must.

Dove more into the Lemoncello before bed this morning. Ergo, coffee and pain killers at this time.

Voodoo Ranger IPA, by New Belgium. Truth be told, I mostly buy this beer because the bottles are nice for bottling my own home-brew!
That’s about all they’ve got going. I use a lot of their bottles too because I get an endless supply from my dad who is a New Belgium fanboy. Their labels come off very easily in just a hot water soak. I have never really been that impressed with their beers. 1554 is about the only one I like. When they were a fledgling company and Fat Tire was basically their only beer, I didn’t mind one when I visited dad. Now when you look them up on Untappd, they list they have produced 602 unique beers… too trendy for me.

That’s about all they’ve got going. I use a lot of their bottles too because I get an endless supply from my dad who is a New Belgium fanboy. Their labels come off very easily in just a hot water soak. I have never really been that impressed with their beers. 1554 is about the only one I like. When they were a fledgling company and Fat Tire was basically their only beer, I didn’t mind one when I visited dad. Now when you look them up on Untappd, they list they have produced 602 unique beers… too trendy for me.
Yeah. And about 575 of them have been IPAs. :cool:

Yeah. And about 575 of them have been IPAs. :cool:
My dad’s go-to is Fat Tire. He’s been drinking it for about 20 years and he even admits that he doesn’t like it as well as he used to and says it really doesn’t taste the same anymore.
OT
Brown ale
FD79CCD0-4BE7-4FF7-B901-A5F1F726E3ED.jpeg

My dad’s go-to is Fat Tire. He’s been drinking it for about 20 years and he even admits that he doesn’t like it as well as he used to and says it really doesn’t taste the same anymore.
OT
Brown ale
View attachment 813917

They legit changed the Fat Tire recipe. Blasphemy

A recently unearthed bottle of one of the first meads I ever made. Can’t find notes because I closed a homebrew shop and moved houses twice since then and probably have been through 3 computers - my best guess is this is from 2003-2004 timeframe and could be 20 years old. I remember this honey, the blue bottles and the pink shrink tops. All place it in that time. It is sweet, flowery, and has held up ridiculously well. I have 2 or 3 more after this.

46DC8840-15E1-4C93-8D87-F6C22D6AF07D.jpeg

Back