What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, a lot of folks here knock Voss for giving off orange flavors. Rather than knock it I decided to go with it by taking advantage of any orange flavors it produced by adding a small amount of fresh Valencia orange zest. The result is a refreshing 5.8% beer with a slight citrusy flavor upfront that fades to a nice wheat malt flavor on the back end. Kegged three weeks ago and tasting better each week. When life gives you lemons....wait, wrong fruit. ;)

Steakhouse down the road on an old farm did a collaboration with Channel Marker. Hope they keep doing this. Sweet custom glass
imgly_4792858272160037737.jpg

Going down smooth. X2
IMG_20220823_161425.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, a lot of folks here knock Voss for giving off orange flavors. Rather than knock it I decided to go with it by taking advantage of any orange flavors it produced by adding a small amount of fresh Valencia orange zest. The result is a refreshing 5.8% beer with a slight citrusy flavor upfront that fades to a nice wheat malt flavor on the back end. Kegged three weeks ago and tasting better each week. When life gives you lemons....wait, wrong fruit. ;)
I personally enjoy the orange it throws. Try with a Mexican-Style Lager recipe sometime! I also use Voss for my "Felttoberfest"

Welp, only half way through this 72hr work week so doing another...

View attachment 778665
I know that feeling. I’ve been on 60hr min since February. They’re requesting we come in for a half shift on saturdays on days and a full Friday night shift for 66/72 hour shift rotations. Not happening for this cowboy.

OT, lime blonde is still kicking. I might need help.
B1AF9EEA-8742-4091-949B-2FD2D37E452E.jpeg

I know that feeling. I’ve been on 60hr min since February. They’re requesting we come in for a half shift on saturdays on days and a full Friday night shift for 66/72 hour shift rotations. Not happening for this cowboy.

OT, lime blonde is still kicking. I might need help.
View attachment 778666
Love your fridge stickers! I've got a few 60 hour weeks coming up as well in September.

SNPA after working on a broken combine, in the rain, for most of the day, and kegging a California Common after supper, which was at 7:00 PM instead of 10 for a change.

29A4A7DF-FA99-413F-B914-498A89DC48A9.jpeg

We have about 300 acres left to be done harvesting. That’s about a day and a half. We’ve had almost perfect harvest weather this year until this week. Forecast calls for chance of showers for most of the week.

My son and DIL are going to Caldwell, ID on Friday to watch their youngest son’s college football team play their first game of the season (he‘s one of the starters this year) and my oldest grandson, the other combine driver, starts his last year of college on Monday. So, we’re hoping the showers miss us for a couple of days.

What hops did you use?
I made something similar recently with all crystal hops. It turned out better than I anticipated.
I've made this wheat beer a few times now. (this is the first time with orange zest though). The first time I made it I used 1oz Centennial for 24.5 IBU's at 60 mins. And .33oz Hallertauer Mittelfrueh whirlpooled for 15 minutes at 170° Since I liked how it turned out I keep using that same combination.

Last night I got to go to my first Tiki Bar and had a couple awesome drinks. A Zombie and a Pistachio Swizzle, while my wife had possibly the best Painkiller either of us has ever had.

341486D6-3192-4E28-9297-E4F0DD5C121F.jpeg

13E0E5B8-A649-4BB7-B66C-291691146273.jpeg

And this evening we rode a ferry to Bainbridge Island and this was the first place to stop for a beer. A good Czech Dark Lager and a Brut Cider.

6CECB97E-8E0C-4C5A-AE33-FAFD1CA88776.jpeg

Back