What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Way too soon sample of the HB Dubbel

PXL_20220527_203745135.PORTRAIT.jpg

Reminded me I almost pulled the trigger on a 5gal Whiskey barrel. Any more drinking and...well you know..

The 11% HB Mead sample from yesterday...

View attachment 769978

Bought a 10gal Rye Whiskey Barrel this morning. Ergo, brewing a 3gal yeast starter. Plan on this being a French Toast Stout. Got a couple of these brewing beers for tonight.

PXL_20220527_213321743.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

It’s Friday night, so it’s okay to have one more. I’m not sure where the dividing line between an APA and an IPA is these days, I think this one is a tweener by contemporary standards. To my mind, it drinks like a NW IPA circa 1995-ish. It has .5lb of anachronistic Falconer’s Flight.
7A444D8C-056A-4649-852A-DC8538F09F0A.jpeg

Hes 10 months and 80lbs.
Holy smoke! That is a good-sized pup! And some growing to do, I bet. Personally, I love big dogs. But I should mention that I love all dogs.
I got to meet a giant, all-black Newfoundland many years ago. He was able to (and did) put his paws on my shoulders and look me in the eyes. The owners were dismayed about the dog's lack of manners. I was amazed by his size and thrilled.

Sigh.

Noobs, we need to talk about this beer. This is a very, very important beer. When this beer was first brewed there was no microbrew, much less any craftbrew. When this beer was brewed it was brewed because Fritz Maytag wanted to have a decent dark beer.

All of this was before even Sierra Nevada.

This is where it all started.

This is one of the most important beers in the world...and none of you know about it.

Don't you dare tell me that you knew about it...you whould've liked it six hours ago ;)

This is where it all started.

This is one of the most important beers in the world...and none of you know about it.

i thought it was pete's? "wicked ale" or something like that?

and i'm living in shame....drinking something that tastes like 'lite' orange juice.......if 'that' ever becomes a thing, i'm so checking out of life! 🤣

got me on that....anchor was around since 1979 acording to google, pete's only 1986....but it's the one i remember.....

Last edited:
11E1073D-71F5-49B7-98B6-FA24CF823A09.jpeg
FC544456-3AA0-4272-BC31-CADF543BBD84.jpeg
E2CD7668-F1E2-41B7-991C-E2517A9F0811.jpeg
AE2FD28D-1661-4E56-8921-E2F5A8032292.jpeg
From last night. The Mexican Lager from @Section1 was delicious! Perfect pairing with tacos last night. I think my beer and tacos photo did him justice. On the high end of carbonation but not a bad thing to me. Nice clean, refreshing with a citrus kick like lemons & limes. Well done sir!

Latest posts

Back