What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wantsum Brewery
Imperium Kent Best Bitter

Attachments

• 20220510_193151.jpg
    20220510_193151.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
View attachment 768344Everything but cream cheese sounds good with this one. Plus I didn’t want to sit on it too long given the cream cheese. I’m enjoying it, but it’s super sweet, thick and almost a slight tang from what I’m guessing is the cream cheese. The cream cheese could have been left out IMHO.
Cream cheese in beer is a no no for me 😂

No, it’s not a smoked Scottish. It’s really in the “Scottish Export” style (14C). This is the description from the style guidelines-
Description
“A malt-focused, generally caramelly beer with perhaps a few esters and occasionally a butterscotch aftertaste. Hops only to balance and support the malt. The malt character can range from dry and grainy to rich, toasty, and caramelly, but is never roasty and especially never has a peat smoke character. Style Comparison: Similar character to a Wee Heavy, but much smaller.”
Appreciate it.

Given the name, "Cold Smoke," I thought they might be up to something.

View attachment 768579
Devil's Backbone from Real Ale in Blanco Texas. It's not only the name of a great beer but also a great motorcycle road around Blanco Texas.

The son of a friend of mine I work with works there. He says it's the most laid back place...like, ever, to work for. Here's hoping for my retirement job if we stay in Austin. 🙏

Unfortunately you get stuck with three cans of this when you buy a DC Brau variety pack. Writing as a refugee from the Pacific NW, this is a superlative rendition of a NW IPA, circa 2000. It’s a fantastic beer, brilliantly executed, and I can’t say enough good about it, but the 90’s left me allergic to C-malt. Sooo much C-malt in this. It’s a chore to drink this brilliant swill.
4C4D570E-FEB5-491F-9225-001BBFF8A782.jpeg

'Masterfade' Imperial Sour with tangerine and apricot. A unique collab between Blindman Brewing and Dandy Brewing Co. It's supposed to be very full of apricot flavour...but alas, my taste/smell is still wonky after Covid.

No matter, the 8.5% ABV is doing me well, and I get little hints of sour and malt every couple of sips. Cheers! :bigmug:

Masterfade.jpg

Latest posts

Back