What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weekend starts now! Well technically a meeting in the morning but I'll be a little soft and not there
IMG_20211118_173650.jpg

View attachment 749307View attachment 749308A nice side action trade with @TheDudeLebowski (frisbee and all). I had to crack open the Evil J first b/c well damn it sounds delicious!!! Well it doesn’t disappoint either. The nice thing about this time of the year in upstate NY is beer mail comes cold and ready to drink. 😁

This is what I get while drinking the Evil J.
Smooth citrus bomb!! Slight bitterness & sweetness that complements each other nicely. 🔥🔥🔥
As it warms, a little peach 🍑 character makes an appearance.
Who is that doppel sticke by? Really hard around my parts to get my hands on any altbier really.

There was more fizz than the picture shows. 🤣 Half of my glass had the fizzy 'bite' and then went flat...haha. Not bad for 12h of bottle-carbing a 9-10% plus beer, and 1h in the fridge. Maybe I'll do half small PET bottles and the rest into my regular 750mL bottles. It is a hefty brew, and very clean! Feeling it even after a 330mL tester. Wooo! :D

Asgard_sample_fizz1.jpg

Have you patented a clarification 'in-can' nitrogen device @hout17 ? Wow..if I ever left my on-tap or store-bought Boddington's to clear that long, it was a beer crime! :) Looks great!

Ha @SanJuanWorm ! Whirlfloc and 20 days in the fermenter then added 1oz of isinglass solution 4 days before kegging.

Last edited:
Who is that doppel sticke by? Really hard around my parts to get my hands on any altbier really.
Brewery Silvaticus is where that bottle came from. Shared it with a few friends at homebrew club night and it was freaking amazing!!! Thanks again @TheDudeLebowski for the bottle! So damn smooth for a 9% beer.
B45ACE36-3D3C-4BF5-968C-0381ACD23F41.jpeg

Totally forgot to take a picture of it last night, but I REALLY enjoyed Ex Novo's Marryin' Berries Gose. Soo good. It is a Marionberry and Raspberry fruited gose and is probably top 5 favorites of that style that I have had in some time. Will post back tonight with pictures. Happy Friday everyone!!!! :rock: :mug:

Latest posts

Back