What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Taking off where I left off.

Pinthouse...why-o-why do I try anything else local?

Various IPAs. Small sample of a Rye PA.

PXL_20210625_162052996.jpg

Sitting at SLO Brew in San Luis Obispo drinking a mango hefe.

View attachment 733559

With flights from Austin to SLO for like $300 now, literally could fly in, walk to that brewery then fly back. Post-pandemic looking good!

Another dud. Beerberg Black is Beautiful. Way WAY too bitter overwhelms any flavors that might be there. Sometimes, I feel like I'm the only one who can make a great stout in Central Texas. Dumped and quickly moved on...

PXL_20210625_215218620.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20210625_215550426.PORTRAIT.jpg

With flights from Austin to SLO for like $300 now, literally could fly in, walk to that brewery then fly back. Post-pandemic looking good!

Another dud. Beerberg Black is Beautiful. Way WAY too bitter overwhelms any flavors that might be there. Sometimes, I feel like I'm the only one who can make a great stout in Central Texas. Dumped and quickly moved on...

View attachment 733566View attachment 733567
Do it.

First time I was in Austin was around 1989. Last time there around 1997. A lot changed in those 8 years. I can’t begin to imagine the changes since ‘97.
Used to hang out there when I was stationed at Ft Hood back in the mid 80s. 6th Street was a riot! That 45 min drunk drive back to base was a cat and mouse game trying to dodge the county Mounties! Guess I was a lucky one.

Back