What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg

Haybag Hefe after a couple of homebrew while brewing an Altbier. Ran out of propane halfway through the boil, went over to the shop and refilled it out of the tank there, then discovered the sewer was partly blocked between the house and the septic tank. Finished the brew, got a hold of the nearest plumber (25 miles away) and arranged to rent his power snake on the morning. And a good time was had by some,
54778C92-E098-4A9F-8F1F-6B9B2BA430BF.jpeg

Cranked thru the front nine as a single and then it came to a screeching halt. Found an old cigar in the bag. Probably over a year old. Actually in good condition.

Course is on a military base.Theeeeen got teamed up with military after clean living. Obliged for buying shots the rest of the round.

And 19th hole
IMG_20210604_141629.jpg
IMG_20210604_171730.jpg

HB Wheat IPA, sitting in the brewery where it’s nice and cool, after getting the line out to the septic tank unclogged.

Left messages with both “local” (25 miles away) plumbers looking for a snake. Got no calls returned so went to the nearest rental place (65 miles away) to pick up a snake. Got the drain unclogged and my wife’s craft room put back together (the clean out is in one corner of the room, the corner with the most things to move), and the snake loaded on the pickup to return in the morning, so now it’s beer-thirty.
EFEB13AF-3E19-47E3-A366-A5C5D35C8787.jpeg

97F for a high today and everything outside is thirsty. Feeling good after a couple days removed from my second shot, so having one earlier than usual while watering.
View attachment 731272

I see it's supposed to be brutal up there. North Dakota supposed to hit the 100s. Wow!

Meanwhile, Central Texas is turning into the next rain forest.

PXL_20210604_222800206.jpg

I see it's supposed to be brutal up there. North Dakota supposed to hit the 100s. Wow!

Meanwhile, Central Texas is turning into the next rain forest.

View attachment 731273
Yep, my wife went to school up in grand forks and still checks the news out of habit and said they’re clearing 100s with ease. Few years back we had a 116ish heat index on Memorial Day, but other than that it’s too early for this ****. Thankfully the humidity hasn’t set in yet. Later this week though.

HB Fizzy Yellow beer
F5E4C083-C127-414C-A5F5-2B5955393AC2.jpeg

The Frozen Tundra hasn’t been very frosty this week-high 80s, low 90s. That’s more like August. My wife has been at the city house all week. It’s been 100+ for the last 3 days there. Supposed to be 75-80 after today, that’s pretty normal.

Drinking a Franziskaner Hefeweizen, just bottled 5gal of my own Hefeweizen, first batch with dry yeast, and a pre-bottle taste was excellent, great banana flavors, 5.1ABV. I LOVE home brewing !
Nice! Which dry yeast did you use? I have a dunkelweizen next to brew(hopefully next Monday!). I recently switched to all dry yeasts and cant wait to test out Munich classic in it.

Safale WB-06 German Wheat, I am certain that it is every bit as good as the liquid yeasts ive used before (White Labs and Wyeast) and so simple, 5gals, one packet, sprinkled straight ontop !
Haven’t tried that one yet. Agree with the ease of using them, though. Plus there’s a lot of good options out there too.

cheers 🍻

This is my 6th all-grain brew and I'm so delighted that I'm making not only my own beer, but that I actually prefer it to some of the commercial Weizens. There's a freshness and clean taste that is often missing, at least in some of the export beer. I loved in Germany as an intern and my brew reminds me so much of fresh weizen in the beer garden in Stuttgart.

Back