What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big Sky’s website doesn’t give any clue as to what this actually is other than it’s brewed with honey, a blend of spices, and European hops. To me, it’s just a pretty good Blonde Ale.
Maybe I'll try brewing one up one of these days.

56A4F394-4D02-4477-BA94-1162273119D2.jpeg

@camonick is at it again! And @TheDudeLebowski...yinz are throwin' doooooownn. Nice pictures dude. I spent the whole afternoon/evening brewing a hazy pale ale and watching the PGA Championship. Now I'm watching the Cubs-Cards game and drinking this:

View attachment 729841
Aaaand Verizon app did allow me to record the championship on the course. Golf, hockey and beer it is!

Worst brew day of my life...of my life... is over. Had 2 leaks on the Fermentasaurus. Took 90min to fix one then noticed the butterfly valve leaking during pressure test so f-it, into the bucket the wort went.

Then realized I bought a wrong processor for a computer build, with the granddaughter, with older parts. Out of practice! Sheesh...I need a beer and luckily have some laying around the house.

2x HB Westvleteren-12...love this one

PXL_20210522_010050879.PORTRAIT.jpg

image.jpg

Hb Amarillo pale ale.

I’ve made this recipe several times, but this one is pure apricot flavor. I like it, but it keeps reminding me of something.

In high school and my first year of college I worked at a grocery store. After bagging groceries I switched to the produce dept when I turned 18 (and was allowed by union rules to use a box cutter). One night I was stocking dried apricots and thought they sounded good, so I bought a package. I ended up eating too many at once and dried fruit being dried fruit, I was up all night with the worst stomach cramps. The damned dried apricots sucked all of the moisture out of my digestive system.

Anyway, the beer is good, but it keeps reminding me of Kroger and a sleepless night of abdominal pain.

Looking at all this cold beer and not being able to have one 2 weeks into post heart attack is rough 😕. Trying to go everyday without a beer is just way too much pressure. Drive a man to drinking 😳😳😳. But I can't have one...my wife eyes are everywhere !!! Brew God's have mercy !!!
Dude, that's rough! I hope you have a quick recovery. That's scary.

Here's what I'm drinking now. Go Cubs!!!
IMG_20210521_211643112.jpg

Looking at all this cold beer and not being able to have one 2 weeks into post heart attack is rough 😕. Trying to go everyday without a beer is just way too much pressure. Drive a man to drinking 😳😳😳. But I can't have one...my wife eyes are everywhere !!! Brew God's have mercy !!!
Take care man! My prayers are with you for sure for a speedy and effective recovery. How long til the doc clears ya to have a frosty one again? A month? Im interested in what you are wanting to have FIRST when you are medically cleared to have one. Hopefully you don't have that particular beer on hand - too tempting!

Take care man! My prayers are with you for sure for a speedy and effective recovery. How long til the doc clears ya to have a frosty one again? A month? Im interested in what you are wanting to have FIRST when you are medically cleared to have one. Hopefully you don't have that particular beer on hand - too tempting!
Got a 6 of Maibock and a 6 of Dirty Bastard I bought the night before my misfortune. I think I'll have both at the same time !!! Maybe a month or so...GULP....Never if my wife gets her way. That ain't gonna happen! Unless The Brew God's transcend me to BrewVanna...in which case I won't need any of these lowly Earth watery bubbles. I'll have an eternity of brew nectar flowing freely in the Eternal River of High brew! Never a warm or empty mug!!!

I'm enjoying a HB pils made with straight Liberty hops, including whirlpool and dip hops. I'm pretty sure I can identify the dip hops component and I like it. It brings out a bit of orange marmalade flavor in the Liberty hops that Cascades briefly displayed in the mid-90s.

The trick is trying to figure out how to run dip hops in my SS Brewbuckets with a closed transfer. I get the feeling that the technique is better suited to proper conical fermenters that can dump the trub, yeast, and dip hops.

All told, at three weeks, it's a pleasant beer and well worth bother that the dip hops introduced. It does need a bit more time, though.

IMG_0515.jpg

Latest posts

Back