What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arizona Hard seltzer 4.6% Mango with Mango slices. Though I love the Mango, seltzer is not for me. I've hated seltzer water my whole life and tried it to prove to myself I still hate it ! No matter what flavor!!! I'm just too much of a Cossack drawn from the peasant ranks I guess! Give me RIS any day!!
20210502_160653.jpg
Of course the FuFu wife loves it 😂😂

Arizona Hard seltzer 4.6% Mango with Mango slices. Though I love the Mango, seltzer is not for me. I've hated seltzer water my whole life and tried it to prove to myself I still hate it ! No matter what flavor!!! I'm just too much of a Cossack drawn from the peasant ranks I guess! Give me RIS any day!!View attachment 727874 Of course the FuFu wife loves it 😂😂
Yeah... but if the wife loves it you're golden!

HB Irish Stout

Great pint, as always @camonick , apparently deer like stout as well...who knew?! 🤣

Now, I've had my share of New Belgium Brewing beers, but only a few Voodoo Rangers. I had my first NBB in Idaho Falls a long time ago, and always assumed they were brewed exclusively in Fort Collins. I checked the label of this particular Voodoo, and it's being brewed by Steam Whistle Brewing Inc. in Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada. Hmm, am I missing something here?!? Still a great beer, but...? 🤷😎🍻

VoodooRanger.jpg

Great pint, as always @camonick , apparently deer like stout as well...who knew?! 🤣

Now, I've had my share of New Belgium Brewing beers, but only a few Voodoo Rangers. I had my first NBB in Idaho Falls a long time ago, and always assumed they were brewed exclusively in Fort Collins. I checked the label of this particular Voodoo, and it's being brewed by Steam Whistle Brewing Inc. in Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada. Hmm, am I missing something here?!? Still a great beer, but...? 🤷😎🍻

View attachment 727907
Very interesting indeed. The google says the original main brewery is in Ft Collins of course and a second in Asheville, NC. There is no mention of other breweries. Since they (the employees) sold the company, who knows. They have ok beer but I’ve never really been a fan.

Did you copitch or pitch the brett after?

OT OEC Wheat

View attachment 727917
I would say neither, but closer to copitch. When I make this I use bootleg biology mad Fermentationist yeast blend. So they blend it and I just pitch in a normal fashion. I think this makes a great beer, but that's just me. People's taste vary. Also, as much as I like this, this is the only Brett beer I've ever made. So I really don't have much to add to a 'When do you pitch the Brett' conversation.

I would say neither, but closer to copitch. When I make this I use bootleg biology mad Fermentationist yeast blend. So they blend it and I just pitch in a normal fashion. I think this makes a great beer, but that's just me. People's taste vary. Also, as much as I like this, this is the only Brett beer I've ever made. So I really don't have much to add to a 'When do you pitch the Brett' conversation.

makes sense. Bet it was awesome regardless

HB Saison (no Brett)

64B7A37B-65D2-4BCB-913E-905B7858DB89.jpeg

View attachment 727914
A drink off b/w @PianoMan 's Westvleteren 12 clone and St. Barnarbus...short answer: @PianoMan wins :)

They're 2 different yeasts which makes all the difference. I've fallen in love with WY3787 Trappist. I may get corrected but believe the other is an Abby Yeast which I've tried also. Happy to hear your nephew is a fan. I'll send you the recipe soon.

They're 2 different yeasts which makes all the difference. I've fallen in love with WY3787 Trappist. I may get corrected but believe the other is an Abby Yeast which I've tried also. Happy to hear your nephew is a fan. I'll send you the recipe soon.
Made a Dubbel with 3787 and love it. Didn't go crazy high with my ferm temps to help keep the beast in check but still great belgian character in the end.

Made a Dubbel with 3787 and love it. Didn't go crazy high with my ferm temps to help keep the beast in check but still great belgian character in the end.

I started at 70 day1 and worked up to 80 day 3. It's a much different beer then doing a straight 68-70. The fruitiness comes alive.

Someone said Westy12...

PXL_20210503_023716694.PORTRAIT.jpg

Last edited:
Back