What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carb check on my new HB Munich Dunkel to see if it’ll be fit for Christmas company... a little flat. I might have to pump up the pressure for a day to get her there.
28CB24E1-C71F-4884-AD8B-A2819C14D45B.jpeg

No RVA trip for me this Xmas. My wife could pop with twins anyday now. I haven’t had an Xmas without veil beers for a few year
Keep your eye out in local packys. I've seen several RVA breweries lately including Veil. My RVA contact has dried up. Use to have a tech friend coworker from ATL that had inlaws in RVA. Use to get good stuff from his visits plus a good beer snob to share

OT
IMG_20201222_213333.jpg

I finished the last of my imported Oktoberfestbier last week. (there's a season for everything) Yesterday I was at the liquor store picking up some brandy and saw Schell's Oktoberfest on clearance. I bought a 6-pack and I'm trying one now. It's good! I should have bought a case of it. It's not quite the same as the German imports when you can get them fresh, but it's close. Closer than many American märzens; most are too sweet.

I finished the last of my imported Oktoberfestbier last week. (there's a season for everything) Yesterday I was at the liquor store picking up some brandy and saw Schell's Oktoberfest on clearance. I bought a 6-pack and I'm trying one now. It's good! I should have bought a case of it. It's not quite the same as the German imports when you can get them fresh, but it's close. Closer than many American märzens; most are too sweet.
Schell's is fantastic. I end up buying 3-4 12packs of their Oktoberfest each year, but all of their beers are really solid.
Do you see much from Mankato Brewery over that direction? I really enjoyed their Oktoberfest release.

Back