Quantcast

What are you drinking now?

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Immocles

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Coffee while firing for the boil on Märzen Part Deux
Hope this one turns out better for ya! I didn't get around to a marzen or Oktoberfest type brew this year, but bought a hell of a lot of local samples. Pretty sure I have a plan for next year though. I'm excited to be able to go into lager mode soon.

camonick

Mediocre brewer... Expert drinker
Reaction score
Hope this one turns out better for ya! I didn't get around to a marzen or Oktoberfest type brew this year, but bought a hell of a lot of local samples. Pretty sure I have a plan for next year though. I'm excited to be able to go into lager mode soon.
I’ve been enjoying brewing lagers. I have a killer pils that is money every time I brew it. It’s said that you can’t hide any flaws in a light beer like that and so far I haven’t had any problems with it but this last Märzen flopped. I’m 99% sure what happened so I’m brewing this one to make up for it. I’ve got Vienna lager and Dunkel recipes that are solid too. Live and learn I guess.

Dgallo

If you ain’t first, you’re last Ricky Bobby
Reaction score
I’ve been enjoying brewing lagers. I have a killer pils that is money every time I brew it. It’s said that you can’t hide any flaws in a light beer like that and so far I haven’t had any problems with it but this last Märzen flopped. I’m 99% sure what happened so I’m brewing this one to make up for it. I’ve got Vienna lager and Dunkel recipes that are solid too. Live and learn I guess.
I’ve always felt that’s a myth from the purist who hate ipas and bold stouts lol

Section1

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Coffee while firing for the boil on Märzen Part Deux
View attachment 699272
I bet it comes out great. I'm tempted to rebrew mine this year but haven't made plans for it yet. Same for a pumpkin beer, I've had some good ones and always wanted to try and brew one but read some horror stories form others and put it off.