What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last Saturday morning we had over a dozen lightning strikes nearby. All fires were put out quickly. So sad about the fires up north by @TwistedGray and brothers and sisters further north. Even though there's currently no fires within 120 miles of us it was like an eclipse outside around here today. Cloudless sky, the sun was out all day, (I'm guessing). We didn't see it. Just a gray smoky haze. Smelled like a campfire anywhere we went. I spend more than half of my workday outside. My eyes were burning and tearing up. 120 miles. Crazy. Stay safe up there.

Death Wish Coffee! Oh how I love brew day! NEIIPA with Idaho 7, Strata, and Citra pellets/LUPOMAX
BC737453-8135-4D1A-8FFF-37F60493CEF8.jpeg

Last Saturday morning we had over a dozen lightning strikes nearby. All fires were put out quickly. So sad about the fires up north by @TwistedGray and brothers and sisters further north. Even though there's currently no fires within 120 miles of us it was like an eclipse outside around here today. Cloudless sky, the sun was out all day, (I'm guessing). We didn't see it. Just a gray smoky haze. Smelled like a campfire anywhere we went. I spend more than half of my workday outside. My eyes were burning and tearing up. 120 miles. Crazy. Stay safe up there.

Welp, the red haze has been replaced with a lovely gray haze. It's as miserable as it seems...
IMG_20200821_091045.jpg

OT: Plantain leaf tea mixed with some white tea smuggled home from Vietnam.

smuggled home from Vietnam.
i want a good smuggled cigar. i've only had two in my life. fairly pleasant. made the house smell like tobacco for three months though. we have absolutely no man-made scents in our house so anything brought inside that doesn't smell like nature is hilarious because you can smell a bottle of scented shampoo that is downstairs from upstairs.

Last edited:
Costco in Roseville, Mi. was running low on Dragon's Milk and it was getting scary. I want Costco to carry it as regularly as they carry Kirkland products.
In any case, today, a whole new, giant pallet showed up at the same great price. If they're going to keep lobbing softballs over the plate, I'm going to keep drinking them. It's about $5/pack savings.
I haven't checked out the other two Costco's inventory, nearby, in Madison Heights and Shelby Twp but I don't see why they wouldn't be carrying Dragon's Milk as well.
cheap dragon.jpg

Cute pup! Who's that cutey?
.very reminiscent of a Japanese beer
Just bought some saki from Costco that was imported. I said somewhere, the buyer/purchaser is on fire right now, at least where it matters. Haven't had saki so not sure if it's wine or a high-alcohol beverage. that's the life I lead.

THIS is a lawnmower beer. That's our piano, albeit way too close to tell. It was far cheaper to tune this time than I thought it would be. The whisk was an aesthetic purchase by my lovely wife. The true reason for the purchase from Webstaurant was to get some new high-quality spatulas. It's a very nice whisk though and I have plans for it.
piano whisk.jpg

Adding on to this. I heard an interesting news story on the radio this morning. It stated that for one day, yesterday, Thursday Aug. 20th, SLO county (where I live), had the worst air quality of anyplace on the planet. I have no idea what criteria they use to measure this. I do know my eyes burned and were red just being outside. The nearest fire...120 miles away.

THIS is a lawnmower beer. That's our piano, albeit way too close to tell. It was far cheaper to tune this time than I thought it would be. The whisk was an aesthetic purchase by my lovely wife. The true reason for the purchase from Webstaurant was to get some new high-quality spatulas. It's a very nice whisk though and I have plans for it.
View attachment 694918

Who plays?

Next, share with the son. BA nose but wimped out on the flavor.

00100trPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200821185138643_COVER.jpg

Started out with some disgusting Mango Kush crap and now on to a DAM fine TIPA that @TheDudeLebowski sent.
That's a damn fine smooth triple. I get thru 3/4 of it in 30 seconds and then...it hits ya.

Errands during lunch then Covered in Puppies and lagers x2 on the golf course. Beautiful day
IMG_20200821_133307.jpg
IMG_20200821_182627.jpg
IMG_20200821_172334.jpg

Back