What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Down at our daughter’s celebrating our youngest grandchild’s birthday, she’s 6 today.

Enjoying a Bell’s Two Hearted Ale that our SiL has on tap.

EE00DC59-B02D-4D51-B461-222F1F353A9C.jpeg

Another HB Irish Stout. This beer was brewed on April 4. While it’s not quite what I’m striving for, all of a sudden it just tastes better. I read another thread about aging beer or drinking it too fast. I tend to do the latter. I do, however, have a Märzen kegged that I made in mid March that I have been letting lager with the intention to tap it in late September- early October... here’s to hoping it doesn’t taste like cardboard.
Sláinte

AAE144B7-25AA-408E-8C23-B5FC2D0FD173.jpeg

C606C100-7046-4876-837B-0AFF4C5AB3F0.jpeg
A friend of mine who’s in the process of opening a nano brewery gave me some of his beers. This was labeled a Grisette. Here’s the feedback I just messaged him with.

Cracked open your Grisette.
Light, refreshing, grainy like character. Not heavy, maybe a little sweet but not in a bad way. It’s not dry either.
A little spice character with a fruity/lemon backbone.
I get citrus, mainly lemon on the nose.
Carbonation seems good to me too.
Another perfect beer for a hot day!

On a side note, I probably shouldn’t have started a three hour long movie at 10:30pm. Haha

Last edited:
HB English IPA, brewed/dry hopped entirely with First Gold. Definitely not an American IPA. Super herbal and earthy with dank notes, getting a little garlic. It's intense but I like it!View attachment 686994
First Gold is an awesome English hop. I was thinking of brewing the same thing.

Last of the night after "FoTD XXII: Dry Hop with a Vengeance" draw, my HB Robust Porter. Gnight all, dreams of an all SS Brew Rig that makes, kegs, carbonates and pours automatically in our favorite glass before we even know that we need it.View attachment 687196
Glad to see I’m not the only one using painter’s tape!

Back