What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone...

Oh boy, I have a feeling I'm surrounded by micro-brew folks, but I really enjoy this 'global' can every once in a while, especially after a tougher day. Sigh. :thumbsup:

-M.

faxe.jpg

NB Winter Ale. Nice balance of malt and hops. Not bad.

View attachment 668501
My dad drinks New Belgium almost exclusively. He saves all his bottles for me and I like how easily their labels come off... a soak in hot water and they almost slide off then a light rub with a scotchbrite to remove the glue residue and you’re good to go.

Yep 26yrs almost. Katy is on this side of Houston. Been to Nasa and the planetarium. We stop there on the way out to eat. That's it.. that's all I know. If you ever make it up this way, give me a holler.

Coffee...wife threw her back out so in a cafeteria with 500 6yr olds right now. Need beer....
Have a daughter and son in Katy, 2 daughter's and a son in Houston and daughter in Cypress. Lived in Houston and Fresno for 5 years, San Antonio for 12. I miss it...beats this Michigan Frozen hell. Ever go to the Moody Gardens on Galveston? Heavy sigh...[emoji19]

A hydro sample from my 0.80% ABV mosaic wheat beer...will be interesting to see what the carbonation and a little time does to this. I plan to keg 1.5gal tomorrow and bottle the rest. It has a bit of a hop burn, so hopefully that'll settle out soon.
IMG_20200228_130635.jpg

And I've finally kicked the keg on this sour to make room for the above ^
IMG_20200228_124847.jpg

My own Toasted Blonde Ale.
Toasted Blonde Ale-Taps.jpg

Yes, I've previously posted the same photo, but still serving and enjoying the Toasted Blonde Ale (Yes, I know the Toasted Lager tap is a lager tap. Ale != Lager, but I thought the tap looked cool.) Strawberry Wheat is kicked. London Pride is low. Getting ready to clean the lines and hook up the next drafts.

Anyone in the area interested in a visit for some fresh homemade brews?

Last edited:
Have a daughter and son in Katy, 2 daughter's and a son in Houston and daughter in Cypress. Lived in Houston and Fresno for 5 years, San Antonio for 12. I miss it...beats this Michigan Frozen hell. Ever go to the Moody Gardens on Galveston? Heavy sigh...[emoji19]
Fresno eh? Graduated HS living in Twain Harte, Sonora area if your familar.
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20200228134556539.jpeg
IMG_20200228_161237.jpeg

A hydro sample from my 0.80% ABV mosaic wheat beer...will be interesting to see what the carbonation and a little time does to this. I plan to keg 1.5gal tomorrow and bottle the rest. It has a bit of a hop burn, so hopefully that'll settle out soon.
View attachment 668582

And I've finally kicked the keg on this sour to make room for the above ^
View attachment 668583

So just a little malt and a **** ton of water? How do you drive the abv so low? Fermented in like a day?

IMG_7920.JPG

So just a little malt and a poopy ton of water? How do you drive the abv so low? Fermented in like a day?

View attachment 668597

All in all It equates to about a gallon of water per pound of grain, and I let it ferment for about 2 weeks... Mainly because I was in a big glass car boy and I don't have a easy way to access the beer without exposing it to oxygen. With that low of alcohol level that's the last thing I'd want to do.

Courtesy of the guy up in Washington State who hasn't posted here in a while, and his name I completely forget.

Also where are you Xbox biotches??
View attachment 668602 View attachment 668603

I’m on PS4 playing Sekiro right now harder god damn game I ever played and I am platinum in Dark souls

And for the sake of the forum I’m doing a shot of Jim Beam with this post
IMG_0003.JPG

Back