What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HB nut brown
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200118160133563_COVER.jpg

Dragonmead Tripel. I can't say I had a bad day, relative to the world. I will say having this beer was appreciated.
Windshield wiper broke at the worst time. Our favorite repair shop people didn't show up to work--still don't know what happened. I hope they are alright. I'm mostly concerned that they went under. In a nutshell, we dropped the car off, put the key in a secure drop box and no one ever showed up to the shop. I walked a mile six hours later in less-than-ideal circumstances plus I don't own real boots. Don't ask why I don't. I can get away with leaning far right to drive safely so that was good.
dragonsmead tripel.jpg

Attachments

• dragonsmead tripel.jpg
    dragonsmead tripel.jpg
    647.8 KB · Views: 35
Snow stopped here, I went out to blow it and my snow blower was backfiring. After a little goggling I pulled the spark plug. The feeler gauge I bought for setting my mill gap came in handy as the gap was too narrow on the plug I installed earlier this season. And my wife thought it was a beer toy when I bought it. Too late to fire it up again to see if it's fixed. Will have to wait for morning.

HB 1937 Courage RIS with Brett recipe from Ron Pattinson and Mad Fermentationist. No label on this one either. I labeled the non-brett half of the batch, but haven't gotten around to labeling these in the year and a half since they were bottled.
IMG_2037.jpg

Snow stopped here, I went out to blow it and my snow blower was backfiring. After a little goggling I pulled the spark plug. The feeler gauge I bought for setting my mill gap came in handy as the gap was too narrow on the plug I installed earlier this season. And my wife thought it was a beer toy when I bought it. Too late to fire it up again to see if it's fixed. Will have to wait for morning.

HB 1937 Courage RIS with Brett recipe from Ron Pattinson and Mad Fermentationist. No label on this one either. I labeled the non-brett half of the batch, but haven't gotten around to labeling these in the year and a half since they were bottled.
View attachment 662643

I USUALLY don't do labels, just a number on the cap. Only had one batch I put labels on, save that for something special.

Howsomever, I am thinking about labeling the RIS I had tonight. It's that good.

View attachment 662643

First, kudos for brewing a Ron Pattinson inspiration.

Second, two part double kudos for a) finding a way to justify a beer toy as practical, and b) taking just long enough to do so that there's really nothing else to do but quit working and have a beer.

Master level stuff.

Just cleared the driveway and about to put in the second round of dryhop in my Triple NEIPA, so why not have a TIPA from the brewery that made me want to give it a try.

EQ and Mortalis TIPA collaboration 10.5% abv. So unbelievably smooth. Hope mine comes out at least in the same ballpark, just not Huston.....
43F95CDB-A926-4A8B-A2A7-450F995CC139.jpeg

Back