What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HB dark mild

Adjustments.JPG

House of the Rising Sun? My God, you are an old fart!
Some of us just don't care much for modern music lol. I'm only 27 but I can't stand much of today's music and listen to stuff as far back as the 50s and 60s. I love me some good Motown!

I know the holidays are over but this is yummy.

20200108_155411.jpeg

Some of us just don't care much for modern music lol. I'm only 27 but I can't stand much of today's music and listen to stuff as far back as the 50s and 60s. I love me some good Motown!

I’ve been collecting a good amount of disco and funk 45’s lately. Timeless.

Thanks for the beer!!

E008C426-7F72-4417-A836-FAFB8E39168F.jpeg

I’ve been collecting a good amount of disco and funk 45’s lately. Timeless.

Thanks for the beer!!

View attachment 660906
That's a solid pilsner. I actually got the chance to help the head brewer brew a few batches of it. (On a volunteer basis) they can't brew it fast enough to keep up with demand. Hope you enjoy it!

That's a solid pilsner. I actually got the chance to help the head brewer brew a few batches of it. (On a volunteer basis) they can't brew it fast enough to keep up with demand. Hope you enjoy it!

Really well done. Any type of drinker can enjoy this. I’d definitely have this in house every day.

Care to share your recipe?
About as easy as it gets.
12.75 pounds Belgian Pils
2 lbs cane sugar.

Mash at 131° for 1 hour.
Ramp slowly to 148°, stirring as you heat. Quickly boost to 168° before transferring to lauter tun. Ramp time from 131° to 148° should take at least 1 hour, longer times will give more fermentable wort, and a drier, more alcoholic beer.
Collect about 7 gallons of wort and boil for 2 hours.

9.5 AAU Styrian Goldings @60
3 AAU Tettnang @15
3 AAU Saaz @5

WLP530 Abbey ale or WY3787 Trappist high gravity.

1 1/5 cups dextrose for priming.

My latest batch had an OG of 1.080, FG of 1.004, and ABV of 9.98%. Going to try with different yeasts for a more definitive yeast flavor.

Back