What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. This beer. Wow!!!!

IMG_0337.JPG

I was just looking thru my little black book, and I bottled this batch in the first week of July, and ITS STILL FLAT!! I'm wondering if I remembered to add priming sugar, there's def a layer of yeast in the bottom. I was looking in the batcave, and I still have a full case of bombers (pun intended). Thinking about pouring them all out, repriming, and a splash of fresh yeast, and rebottling.

@Scturo another good one! Doing a bottle share with a good buddy that home brews with me. View attachment 660496
Next time I'm down that way I need to stop at Monkish. I've only sampled one of their beers, not even sure which one actually. It was at a bottle share party and someone brought a growler of Monkish beer. It was really good, whatever it was.

I was just looking thru my little black book, and I bottled this batch in the first week of July, and ITS STILL FLAT!! I'm wondering if I remembered to add priming sugar, there's def a layer of yeast in the bottom. I was looking in the batcave, and I still have a full case of bombers (pun intended). Thinking about pouring them all out, repriming, and a splash of fresh yeast, and rebottling.

Don't pour 'em all out, that's asking for trouble and way too much work. Uncap, sugar cube or carb drop and a speck of yeast in each, recap. The question I'd have is, did the yeast just crap out in a big beer (maybe the layer you're seeing just settled out on bottling, not the result of further fermentation) meaning you already have enough sugar because they never consumed it. Would priming as well as adding yeast make bombs? Maybe do a test bottle or three first, one with sugar, one yeast, one both?

Don't pour 'em all out, that's asking for trouble and way too much work. Uncap, sugar cube or carb drop and a speck of yeast in each, recap. The question I'd have is, did the yeast just crap out in a big beer (maybe the layer you're seeing just settled out on bottling, not the result of further fermentation) meaning you already have enough sugar because they never consumed it. Would priming as well as adding yeast make bombs? Maybe do a test bottle or three first, one with sugar, one yeast, one both?

It tastes good, but slightly sweet. This was done with US-05, and I have a brick of it in the fridge. Will hydrate a wee bit, then do a couple sample bottles.

Right now, got the stir plate swirling up a 3L starter for a tripel bomb.

HB NEIPA
6.8%, 8 ounces Citra, 8 ounces Idaho 7, 2 ounces Citra cryo ( 6 hot side, 14 dry hop) half ounce Warrior at 60
2-row, white wheat, malted oats, carapils, honey malt, mashed at 152
1318 fermented at 72 throughout
130 sulfate, 110 chloride, 22 magnesium, 49 salt, 90 calcium
Carbed to 2.4 volumes
Sorry to geek out but figured I’d share the details.
6BFF3328-76EC-432D-805A-CDD63029236E.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back