What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dinner after dinner
IMG_20191201_204117.jpeg

New Belgium Fat Tire Amber.

Question about this beer because I may have gotten some bad bottles: is it supposed to have a tartness similar to a Belgian Wit & low carbonation?
Not a fan of Fat Tire, but sounds like you got some bad bottles. Brew your own, it's pretty easy to do lots better!

Adjustments.JPG

A lot going on but still pretty damn tasty even with several months of age on it.
Untappd’s Description:

Cacao nibs, vanilla, home made caramel sauce, potato chips, pretzels, Corn Flakes[emoji769], Cookie Crisp[emoji769], Cinnamon Toast Crunch[emoji769], Golden Grahams[emoji769], Cocoa Puffs[emoji769], coffee, oats and milk sugar. What we got was an Imperial Stout packed with melange of cereal flavors, strong vanilla and caramel notes and an awesome salinity from the potato chips and pretzels. In other words, a garbage cookie in stout form.

View attachment 655132
A lot going on but still pretty damn tasty even with several months of age on it.
Untappd’s Description:

Cacao nibs, vanilla, home made caramel sauce, potato chips, pretzels, Corn Flakes[emoji769], Cookie Crisp[emoji769], Cinnamon Toast Crunch[emoji769], Golden Grahams[emoji769], Cocoa Puffs[emoji769], coffee, oats and milk sugar. What we got was an Imperial Stout packed with melange of cereal flavors, strong vanilla and caramel notes and an awesome salinity from the potato chips and pretzels. In other words, a garbage cookie in stout form.
Is this keto friendly?

Is this keto friendly?

That’s a great question! Honestly I’m not sure b/c I don’t follow diets. Although I’ve heard of it. Carbs (breads mainly) are my downfall.
I try to limit desserts and sweets, except for stouts like these. I haven’t drank soda in years. I try to exercise a few times a week. I do all of this so I can enjoy beer and maintain my weight, although I could shed some weight still.
I stay around 205-210 at six feet tall, would like to be around an even 200.

Finished my DIY Advent calendar using a repurposed shoe holder. I'm not much of an arts and crafts person (as you can plainly see) but I think it does the job! I will be numbering the compartments and finishing decorating tomorrow but for now, I'm enjoying my first bottle. This one is really good! A great sipper for the cold weather. Can't wait to try the rest of these. Cheers all!
20191201_171133.jpeg
20191201_190816.jpeg

I love it. I got the advent cheese calendar from aldi!!
Finished my DIY Advent calendar using a repurposed shoe holder. I'm not much of an arts and crafts person (as you can plainly see) but I think it does the job! I will be numbering the compartments and finishing decorating tomorrow but for now, I'm enjoying my first bottle. This one is really good! A great sipper for the cold weather. Can't wait to try the rest of these. Cheers all!View attachment 655133View attachment 655134

Back