What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_7203.JPG

Is that a GPS so you don’t get lost in the field?!

Have you ever made corn squeezin’s.

View attachment 650505

A lot of farm machinery is equipped with GPS guidance now. Many even have auto-steer... the operator is just along for a ride. The rows are arrow straight... can’t drive around anymore and make fun of people’s crooked rows.

Ripping. Pretty similar, just not as wide. Only 17’ wide. Takes longer..... usually don’t start this until the elevator closes. 6-7:00

Gotcha... couldn’t tell from the picture, probably about 9 shank? Lotta guys disk their stalks around here if they don’t run cattle on them. Very familiar with all the operations... born and raised on a dryland farm here in northeast Colorado. Raised cattle, sheep, winter wheat, corn, proso and hay millet, sunflowers, dry beans. Lots of irrigated corn and some sugar beets in the south Platte river valley south of me. I drive a fuel delivery truck for our local CO-OP and am around this stuff every day.

Gotcha... couldn’t tell from the picture, probably about 9 shank? Lotta guys disk their stalks around here if they don’t run cattle on them. Very familiar with all the operations... born and raised on a dryland farm here in northeast Colorado. Raised cattle, sheep, winter wheat, corn, proso and hay millet, sunflowers, dry beans. Lots of irrigated corn and some sugar beets in the south Platte river valley south of me. I drive a fuel delivery truck for our local CO-OP and am around this stuff every day.

Only a 7 shank. Been wanting to upgrade. We disk some ground too. Everything here is corn and soybeans. A lot of respect for the livestock farmers, that’s everyday twice a day. If only I could get my wife on that program. Lol!!

I wiped out a few acres of corn in my day running a cultivator for my dad when I was young... no gps back then and daydreaming = cultivator blight. I’d guess that most young guys farming now don’t know what these are...
14472B04-1B71-4E11-9DC6-DEDDE66E254B.jpeg

Damn gps. Boring ride, like someone said you’re just a body to make sure it doesn’t f up, and to turn at the ends. Hence why I drink beers.
Ill add to the conversation. I worked at a startup that made gps sensors that tolerated high vibrations. Apparently, there's a huge market in chinese agriculture because the equipment runs so rough over there the farmers go deaf from the noise and vibration that the GPS can't lock on.

I wiped out a few acres of corn in my day running a cultivator for my dad when I was young... no gps back then and daydreaming = cultivator blight. I’d guess that most young guys farming now don’t know what these are...
View attachment 650547

Oh yeah!! We still have to drop that arm on occasion. GPS doesn’t always work. Started this side gig in a stock cutter. Those have also gone by the wayside with new cutting heads and stalk stompers.

Latest posts

Back