What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HB Grisette

IMG_5779.JPG

Drank a few odells sipping pretty, their guava, elderberry, and acai sour. A few drum roll apps, and this. It's nice the hammer chain.
20190725_174803.jpeg

Jupiter is no joke. BIG with the Red Spot clearly visable with at least another 10 cloud layers. Saturn's not quite as prominent. Lots-o-clusters. Couple nebulas also but friking Austin lights pissing me off. This Tavour RIS helps tho..View attachment 637290

Definitely need to be away from light pollution.

I was in your area-ish 1st time I saw, at least the green glow, of the northern lights. Took me a minute to figure out what it was. You notice that?
I’ve seen them a few times... they are pretty cool. My uncle is a semi professional astronomer and has brought a very large telescope out here a few times. It’s awesome to see some of the distant planets and other galaxies and nebulas through a high powered telescope.

From the FotHB trade thread which is for us homebrewers to trade our Homebrew. Interested?

@JCasey1992 - this is the raspberry cream ale (all twenty-two ounces of it in zee belly)

View attachment 637269
Sorry. Just noticed this. I don't know why my app isn't notifying me when I get tagged.

Assuming there weren't other issues that made it hard to tell [emoji6], how was it? I think I overdid it just a touch on the raspberry (at least for my taste) but really liked how it turned out aside from that.

Sorry. Just noticed this. I don't know why my app isn't notifying me when I get tagged.

Assuming there weren't other issues that made it hard to tell [emoji6], how was it? I think I overdid it just a touch on the raspberry (at least for my taste) but really liked how it turned out aside from that.

Funny how that works out right, because for my taste I would say the exact opposite. The raspberry gives it a nice pink hue, but I don't get a lot of raspberry coming through. Remind me - fresh fruit or extract? If fruit what was the fruit weight to water volume (lbs to gallons)?

I'll add - I like my fruit beers very fruit forward. I didn't get that with this one, but with that said it's better than any cream ale I've brewed ;)

Funny how that works out right, because for my taste I would say the exact opposite. The raspberry gives it a nice pink hue, but I don't get a lot of raspberry coming through. Remind me - fresh fruit or extract? If fruit what was the fruit weight to water volume (lbs to gallons)?

I'll add - I like my fruit beers very fruit forward. I didn't get that with this one, but with that said it's better than any cream ale I've brewed ;)
I let it referment on 2 cans (6 lbs 2 oz) of vinters harvest fresh puree. I can't remember the exact amount I added it to although I know it was a larger batch than normal. I'm thinking around 7-8 gallons.

IMG_6232.JPG

Three of these and a flight from Dewey Beer Company with my in-laws. No pics or details since I need to build a box of beers for @TBC and I kind of want to surprise him since he’s a stand up guy! Thank you @TBC for being a great friend & beer mule! [emoji6][emoji6] But seriously he’s a hell of a guy. There’s others who are great here on HBT but @TBC and I have met up multiple times for food, beers and trades in person.
Tomorrow we head home back to NY from the Delaware Seashore State Park. We also will pick up this cutie tomorrow night since my wife put down a non-refundable deposit on her last week then told me about it. Good thing I’m a sucker for dogs. Plus a pushover to my wife and two girls. Oh the kids have no idea so it will be an awesome surprise for them.
IMG_6181.JPG

Some of you are killing it today. I have my beer coldcrashing and was going to keg it tomorrow night, but now I feel like doing it when I get home tnt lol

Last edited:
Back