What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HB scotch ale in a fancy glass
IMG_1826.jpg

Your post made me want a hag!

This instead, to appropriately celebrate a holiday.
View attachment 553934
Awesome beer..with either spelling!

The perfect storm. Ice in Austin shuts down the town. Wife is sick and schools closed tomorrow. Our babysitters kids are sick so no one to watch the grandkids. I took vacation Wednesday..so calling in and starting the weekend! Got pizza, beer and grains for brewing. Cheers!
20180115_195948_Film1.jpg

On day 16 of a 21 day “shred” cleanse/diet. No booze allowed during it! [emoji30]LOTS of water and protein shakes. [emoji1377]

On day 16 of a 21 day “shred” cleanse/diet. No booze allowed during it! [emoji30]LOTS of water and protein shakes. [emoji1377]
Did you lose a bet? 30days of, using the term loosely, "cleansing" will never make up for decades of buildup. If we're actually able to cleanse our organs, we would die in minutes from the toxins released. Just science talking...and missing an online drinking buddy! [emoji39]

Fruit cleansing action. This is incredible! Thanks @afro_lou!
aviary-image-1516128960395.jpeg

Last edited:
It has been zero to single digits at night. Highs in the teens and snow.

Pretty sick of winter. Before the snow came this weekend, I saw a guy walking the golf course @ 35. [emoji15]
Ha! I won't golf if below 60F! Saw temps in Minnesota at -27 last night, makes Indiana seem like Hawaii. Yet Alaska at 41f. Well, parked here all day since wife refuses to goto the hospital.
aviary-image-1516133022446.jpeg

Ha! I won't golf if below 60F! Saw temps in Minnesota at -27 last night, makes Indiana seem like Hawaii. Yet Alaska at 41f. Well, parked here all day since wife refuses to goto the hospital.
View attachment 554029

For the record: Indiana feels nothing like Hawaii today.

Drinking an iced coffee. It was hot an hour ago but I left it in my van for 30 minutes while on a service call.

IMG_1516146451.700929.jpg

Changing it up tonight. I have 6 bottles of wine from last winter and my neighbor dropped off another 6 today for helping her clear off her driveway from all the snow. Since I didn’t open any last winter I figured why not start now.

Did you lose a bet? 30days of, using the term loosely, "cleansing" will never make up for decades of buildup. If we're actually able to cleanse our organs, we would die in minutes from the toxins released. Just science talking...and missing an online drinking buddy! [emoji39]

Fruit cleansing action. This is incredible! Thanks @afro_lou!View attachment 554014

Didn’t lose a bet. It was my wife’s fitness instructor’s idea for her class that my wife is in. I agreed to partake to support my wife during it. I stay in decent shape regardless and have managed to maintain the same weight for almost 10 years now. But this “shred” has me down to a weight I haven’t seen since I was in my early 20s and this has been the longest stretch I’ve gone without alcohol since high school! God do I miss beer though! Sunday at midnight I’ll be pouring myself a pint to celebrate! Just don’t know what yet...ideas?

Back