What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
y7aW.jpg

Pretty lame for an IPA. Only 50 EBU.

New Belgium's new spring seasonal out called Whizbang. It's a hoppy blonde ale and it is damn good!

dont stonewall me....budlight platinum, wasn't able to get uptown to the good beer place. but needed something to hold me over for the night, btw, tastes like water lol

@Remmy

Here's the recipe:

11lb Maris Otter
1lb Munich Light
0.75lb Special B
0.5lb Carapils
2lb Cane Sugar

1oz Nugget FWH (~120 minutes)
1.25oz Amarillo 15 minutes
0.5oz Chinook 15 minutes
0.75oz Amarillo 0 minutes
0.25oz Chinook 0 minutes
2oz Amarillo DH 7 days
1oz Chinook DH 7days

Yeast: Gigayeast Vermont

Primed at 2.0 volumes and pitched EC-1118 at bottling.

To be honest, it's not my best effort, but I've had worse beers. I think I'd add more malt and delete the cane sugar for next time and swap the Chinook for something else entirely. I like the color though... Ha.

Last edited:
how do you like your egg?. i had one about 2 years, but got rid of it because i couldnt stand the damn band handle, that opens closes it..could never get it lined up right:(, besides that was awesome help temp perfect with the bbq guru fan.

Love it. It's almost 5 yrs old now and like a member of the family. I def need to get a temp control fan for it though. That would just put it over the top.

Latest posts

Back