What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm drinking a nice Warstiner Dunkel. Not bad at all.

This message brought to you by:
Soylent Green-We're people

A nightcap after brewing my 1st 5G batch of Irish Stout(True Brew kit)..

NYFRB.jpg

Seems to be a common reply from BMC drinkers. I've gotten that one a few times, so don't let it bug you too much. They're just not used to what beer was & should be...:mug:

Shock top on the left and my clone on the right. It's pretty damn close. Brewed for a friend who said it was too bitter. 1 oz of hops...I told him I'd never brew a beer for him again.

View attachment 330759

I have never had Shock Top, but found the HB that you sent me tasty. I did not get any bitterness that was being described by said friend.

The Brewer's Best Summer Ale kit is supposed to be a clone of the original Shock Top. My wife brewed it twice & liked it. Here's a shot of her first go;

More sweet iced tea.

Maybe some beer tonight, I am supposed to go over to my buddy's place & help him with his first extract w/mini-mash batch tonight. His version of a winter warmer, nutty (Brown Malt, a little Victory, & a very-small amount of Special B) with Scotch-soaked oak chips.

Back