What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coffee. Whats everyone drinking for IPA day?

Just added up all the grain for the first four whiskey barrel beers. $250 later ..... :eek:

Just added up all the grain for the first four whiskey barrel beers. $250 later ..... :eek:

I'll probably have mine, a Lost Gold, an All Day and maybe pick up a six or twelve of something else. And a couple Miller Lites.

Haha... conversation with my wife just now.

Me: "Hey, when are your parents coming over next?"

Her: "Saturday, remember? They are watching our kid and we're going canoeing with like, 20 people... remember?"

Me: "Oh... yes... of course."

I had no idea.

And here you thought that barrel would be a good "investment" lol.

How does it smell? The guy I got my barrel from aged mead in it for 2 years. It still smelled like heaven. And his mead tasted like a super smooth, no burn bourbon. Barrels are the ****.

And here you thought that barrel would be a good "investment" lol.

How does it smell? The guy I got my barrel from aged mead in it for 2 years. It still smelled like heaven. And his mead tasted like a super smooth, no burn bourbon. Barrels are the ****.

My whole office smelled like whiskey after just unwrapping the cellophane yesterday haha. Needless to say, it smells phenomenal. Put water in it for awhile last night to see if it was water tight and tossed some rye whiskey is it afterward. Hoping that keeps it hydrated and sanitized till its filled.

Who aged that for you?
:D

Suck.

Coffee, water. Meetings.

Had busy dad duty last night, but went small, medium, large.

Coors light
Lake Erie Monster
Rye3, triple rye IPA

Sister called to tell me number 2 will be a girl. In a family that is male heavy, my mother must have already begun shopping!

His name is Allen O. not on HBT but a solid guy.

Enough grain for four of your batches, 200lbs or so?

41 lbs. in total = $65 for 4 batches. Have to brew another RIS or two...maybe in about 4 weeks from now. Still brewing some IPAs, cream ales and more Belgian stuff as I have some jars of trappist HG in the fridge. I already have harvested yeast for all four batches. And have hops in the freezer. So, I'm all set there.

All four taps are flowing right now and I have nothing fermenting but three sours (two around 9 months old and one that is 20 months old).

On the water because I have to drive out to lunch soon. Thai. It's what for lunch.

Haha... conversation with my wife just now.

Me: "Hey, when are your parents coming over next?"

Her: "Saturday, remember? They are watching our kid and we're going canoeing with like, 20 people... remember?"

Me: "Oh... yes... of course."

I had no idea.

Nice save ... ;)

I think Im gonna need bigger barrels. :cross:

XBqQEGq.jpg

Going to bottle up some more beer in a couple minutes here. Maybe I can kick the keg in time for Qhrumphf's mild. Wouldn't have to clean another.

DSCF1159s.jpg

Home roasted Columbian coffee. So. Damn. Good. I refuse to buy coffee from the store anymore unless I have no choice.

Just found out I get to keep the barrel and they are shipping a new one on Monday! :rockin:

Fedex better not funk this one up too!

If they do, just forward it on to me. I will take it off your hands.

Water. How weird is it that I was just approached asking if I had a pair of pliers. I work on a computer help desk. I asked why, and this lady shows me her sausage finger which is swollen up to about 2X its normal size and says that she needs to cut her ring off. Luckily I have some snips that are reasonably sharp and the ring was some cheapy 'infinity ring' thing where three bands roll over each other and one got stuck. After clipping all three rings her finger appears to not need amputation. Well, there is my good deed for the day.

Even better, when clipping the rings pieces were flying everywhere and I almost took out a coworkers eye. This is my deadbeat co-worker who I almost blinded so I am not worried.

Dumping out a crap factory coffee. The only person at my location today just said "8 hours is enough, let's go home early". I was honestly just staying here to not cut her hours. Beer by 2 today!

Bottled up 16 beers on lunch... still beer in the keg.

Making more of the good stuff for @thatjonguy

downsized_0806051220.jpg

What are you roasting in? I need to get back at it, could use some better equipment.
Finishing lunch with some booch.

I'm still using a $20 Whirley Popper stove top popcorn popper that I have to crank by hand with a digital thermometer. I'm a cheap ass and really want a Behmor, I just can't justify the cost when I get good results with my caveman setup. My coffee beers turn out stupid good... This reminds me I need to order more coffee. This Columbian stuff is full of chocolate, sweetness, and fruit. Would be excellent in a big ol RIS

I'm still using a $20 Whirley Popper stove top popcorn popper that I have to crank by hand with a digital thermometer. I'm a cheap ass and really want a Behmor, I just can't justify the cost when I get good results with my caveman setup. My coffee beers turn out stupid good... This reminds me I need to order more coffee. This Columbian stuff is full of chocolate, sweetness, and fruit. Would be excellent in a big ol RIS

I feel the same way about my BIAB setup.

Home roasted Columbian coffee. So. Damn. Good. I refuse to buy coffee from the store anymore unless I have no choice.

Any chance I could buy some off of you when the time comes to rack that RIS out of the barrel? :D

Back