What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RIP Simba.

Sierra Nevada Porter and Stout were the beers. Nailed it.

Considering a long shot job application into the beer industry for lead brewery rep for ND/MN.

I have no beer sales experience but I think I could handle it.

Rule number one in sales, you are never really selling product. You are selling a relationship. If it's a new relationship you have to show that it will be there for you and do what it's supposed to do. If you spend more time pitching your product then pitching yourself, you are doing it wrong. The best beer reps here are very, very active. They ate always doing tastings or different events with bars and distribution. If you even remotely like talking beer with strangers and know what you are talking about, they buy in. You got this bud :mug:

RIP Simba; always rough to lose a family member.

Drinking nothing, waiting on roadside to give me a jump. Managed to leave my lights on, in the building for 30, and now car no workie. :mad:

Iced coffee. Last day of work and then off to California. I hate the whole flying process, but I'm happy to get a vacation.

@allenh Happy belated birthday to you.
@catdaddy66 I am sorry for the loss of your kitty. :(

RIP Simba; always rough to lose a family member.

Drinking nothing, waiting on roadside to give me a jump. Managed to leave my lights on, in the building for 30, and now car no workie. :mad:

Sounds like a battery replacement is in your future. Or at least really should be.

Coffee. Out of a paper cup. Tastes like paper and crappy coffee.

Coffee. Somehow managed to have some come out my nose. I'm doing it wrong...

8gemgd7.gif

It was weird, the car sat for 15, then started.

Huh.

Water.

Is it a Jeep? Heard of a flaky ECM for the security system causing this sort of behavior. It basically doesn't recognize the chip in the key and disables the starter. It will then randomly reset after 15-20 minutes and make you look crazy when you take it to the dealer. There's also a fuse you can pull to reset it manually. Found all this out when my wife's Jeep did it.

Coff.

Man, some people are just floccing stupid.

http://www.kdlt.com/news/local-news/proposal-made-to-restrict-alcohol-sales-in-sioux-falls/33621832

What this doesn't touch on is whether craft bombers would fall under this new proposal... I don't see it going through at all, but if it even gets close, I'll be showing up at the meetings.

Quote of the day:
“I think we could get some programs, people don't want to spend time getting drunk and passing out, I don’t think anybody wants to do that, and if they had choices and other options I think most people would take those options.”

Coffee with protein. FWH action for Pliny going on now.

Quote of the day:
“I think we could get some programs, people don't want to spend time getting drunk and passing out, I don’t think anybody wants to do that, and if they had choices and other options I think most people would take those options.”

Coffee with protein. FWH action for Pliny going on now.

Don't you just love that thinking. More restrictions = people making better choices (not actually better, just better according to who is making the restrictions)
Let's sell fruit at liquor stores then maybe people will buy an apple and a bottle of water instead of booze. Let's limit the amount of soda that can be sold in one serving, then people will drink less soda. Let's take the salt shakers off the table at restaurants, then people will add less salt to their food. If I want to double fist a gallon of soda and a bottle of liquor while eating a plate full of trans fat and salt that's my choice.

Arlington County VA just upped the fine for swearing in public to $250.

Of course that's also tied to the public intoxication law which was the main goal. But it's the same statute.

Fracking Idiots. I'm sure you can make up single syllable 4 letter word explicits..just to throw them off.

More coffee...sparging and waiting on a green juice

View attachment 1434557891637.jpg

Fracking Idiots. I'm sure you can make up single syllable 4 letter word explicits..just to throw them off.

Oh it just brings it in line with existing state law. As far as i know only Virginia Beach actually enforces it.

But yes. Stupid and majorly unconstitutional. Supreme Court has held (a few times I believe) that vulgarity falling short of fighing words or inciting is protected by the 1st amendment.

Drinking water.

You can seriously, seriously injury somebody with non-expletives. Case and point, the other day I told some guy who was running his mouth to shut his pole holster since there were kids on the same train. I bet he wasn't even aware he had a pole holster.

Back