What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm drinking beer and watching American sniper. This is how to honor the troops on Memorial Day weekend. I'll probably lightly burn some dead animals at some point too.

Well, my brew-bro showed up so I got ingredients to brew tonight. Then we stopped by the local bottle shop that also serves. I had some wheat beer (it was OK) and he got a "Friends Of Swamp Ape Black DIPA" that was freaking delicious. He was driving and had to go to work later (sucker) so I got about half of his 10% beer. No pics, so it didn't happen, but damn was that tasty!

Stupid stupid day. And I just learned my homeowner's insurance is now up to $2,000. It was $950 when I bought the house in 2010. **** those guys.

Water.

Less bad then.

Maibock, ESB and Flemish stout. Eh, meh (first pour off a cask and waaaaaay too much hop in the glass) and yum.

I haven't been back since opening day. I think I told you why last we met. Not going into it here. Meanwhile I'm still looking elsewhere for brewing work. Might finally resort to trying Flying Dog, since they're always hiring cellarmen and I could probably get it in there, just not keen on commuting to Frederick for rotating shifts (including graveyard) working for sh** pay. From what I've been told, brewing work in this area is just like everything else. Even if you're an accomplished homebrewer who's willing to work hard for low wages, the other folks also willing to go in at the bottom rung have both pro experience and a brewing degree. Just like the places in town that want their 25k/year receptionist to have a Masters of Business Administration. Tossers.

Finally home, and drinking my own Session IPA.

20150522_161159[1].jpg

That what insurance and AT&T does. Slowly raise your rate until you notice and change companies

AT&T is the worst. I'm pretty much forced to have them for Internet service. They slowly go up every 6-12 months until you call and tell them to cancel your service and then they're miraculously able to cut your rate back down. Repeat cycle.

2 yr old won't stop nailing the ball off of the tee. I need a refreshment.

Stupid stupid day. And I just learned my homeowner's insurance is now up to $2,000. It was $950 when I bought the house in 2010. **** those guys.

Water.

I had a similar issue with flood insurance on my first house that I would never be able to use. Two years before I purchased the house, the city finished their flood control project but there were not enough people to get the area remapped.

Water, slowly reaching beer time.

That what insurance and AT&T does. Slowly raise your rate until you notice and change companies
Exactly. But I notice it when I pay my mortgage, which is what I just did.
I had a similar issue with flood insurance on my first house that I would never be able to use. Two years before I purchased the house, the city finished their flood control project but there were not enough people to get the area remapped.

Water, slowly reaching beer time.

Unfortunately when FEMA redraws lines your flood goes from voluntary to required. Cost would be at least three times the amount. My homeowner's was low due to some NC cost reduction bill that passed a long while ago with a sunset of July 2011 i think. It popped up from $950 to $1200, it went up to $1450 just last year without reason. Now it's $2000. I have a car, motorcycle, and house. I‘ll spend Tuesday with them and if they don't reduce something, I'll be gone. I've had one claim, $3000 in June of 2014. Nothing makes sense.

I haven't been back since opening day. I think I told you why last we met. Not going into it here. Meanwhile I'm still looking elsewhere for brewing work. Might finally resort to trying Flying Dog, since they're always hiring cellarmen and I could probably get it in there, just not keen on commuting to Frederick for rotating shifts (including graveyard) working for sh** pay. From what I've been told, brewing work in this area is just like everything else. Even if you're an accomplished homebrewer who's willing to work hard for low wages, the other folks also willing to go in at the bottom rung have both pro experience and a brewing degree. Just like the places in town that want their 25k/year receptionist to have a Masters of Business Administration. Tossers.

Finally home, and drinking my own Session IPA.

Sorry. It is the same in IT. This is a talent rich, opportunity starved area for the most part

Coca cola, sick and bored.
I forgot how absolutely boring it is to scroll through the forums for the newest posts. Now, I remember why I stick to the same few threads.

Coca cola, sick and bored.
I forgot how absolutely boring it is to scroll through the forums for the newest posts. Now, I remember why I stick to the same few threads.

Hmm, white male who fears change and lives in Texas. I wonder what your political affiliation is.

Back