What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@remmy Happy Birthday!

What's the over under on drinks. I say 11 beers and 7 cocktails -- at least what will be posted.

Coffee.

I'll take some of that action. I say he'll kill 1 keg. 3 tequila drinks. 1 cigar. 2 plates of mofongo and 3 no make that 4 night caps of night train for rehydration purposes.
@remmy happy birthday man!

Water. Time to walk the dog in this awesome humidity

Coffee #2. Daughter spent half the night puking her guts out. Naturally, it happens on the day I have to work, (took off yesterday and tomorrow), so I had to drop her off with swmbo's mom for the day and be late.

@remmy Happy Birthday!

What's the over under on drinks. I say 11 beers and 7 cocktails -- at least what will be posted.

Coffee.

Taking it easy today. I want to remember my son's baseball game this evening.

Happy Birthday @Remmy ! If anyone in the area tomorrow. We need to check in on him to make sure he is alive and well. lol

Thanks. I'll be fine. Aiming at 4-5 beers, tops. I might go to the lake and smoke a cigar after I'm done brewing.

Scored some baby backs and a brisket with a nice point on it. Not sure which to smoke this weekend when my family comes up.

Quick question for everyone. I need a gallon of 1.040 wort to top my barrel with. Would you get to this with DME or should I do a small BIAB and get it that way?

Anyone know if there are any beers worth looking for in Cabo San Lucas?

They actually have a craft brewery there that opened about a year ago called Baja Brewing Company. Check them out and let us know if it is any good, but I do second having the Pacifico on the beach. When in Rome... Or Mexico if you wanna be technical.

On the coffee

They actually have a craft brewery there that opened about a year ago called Baja Brewing Company. Check them out and let us know if it is any good...

This place is all that I could find with minimum Googlery and saw mixed reviews. If I was going, I would not be concerned with what kind of beer and where... unfortunately, I am not. My mother is there right now and I was going to have her bring something home if there were any suggestions, but it doesn't seem to be that kind of place. I won't bother her with that task. Thanks guys.

One more coffee... water all day and stressed out as usual.

I was in Cobo San Jose couple years back and visited Baja Brewing. They have been busy they have 2 location in San Lucan now!
http://www.bajabrewingcompany.com/los-cabos-cantinas

EDIT: Drinking Coffee

Didn't stone do a collaboration with a brewery down in Mexico? I remember it was a pretty good stout but don't remember the details of it.

Water. Anyone feel like digging a hole to replace a broken fence post and rehang a gate? Free beer. I'll even put fresh water in the dog pool for you to wallow in afterward to help cool off and keep from having a heat stroke.

Didn't stone do a collaboration with a brewery down in Mexico? I remember it was a pretty good stout but don't remember the details of it.

Water. Anyone feel like digging a hole to replace a broken fence post and rehang a gate? Free beer. I'll even put fresh water in the dog pool for you to wallow in afterward to help cool off and keep from having a heat stroke.

I'll do that if you replace my roof this weekend :p
I'm also drinking water at the moment.

Like one pound in a gallon, boil it for like 30 minutes, cool it then add it?

Yep, that should get you ~1.040 wort. You probably don't even have to go for 30 minutes. 15 minutes should be more than adequate unless you were throwing hops in there, but I'm assuming that it won't be enough of a percentage of total volume to matter?

Water.

No clue on any that. Most of the Cobo Area was heavily damaged from the last Hurricane. Good to hear things are reopening finally. Baja Brewing was very "rustic" when I went. The pics on line are much nicer (tourist friendly) looking now. :mug:

On to Water

Back