What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Step with pep to the back of the house...look in...all the lights are out. Grab the door and it's locked so... easily made my way to the window...

Hey @Hello...pulled out on of the bottles of Steinpilz Gose that I stuck in the fridge yesterday. Curiosity was killin' me! Well, it poured a BIG head and I was afraid it overcarbed. It took a few minutes to settle, but when it did, the beer is not overcarbed. Overall, I'm not bowled over, but I pleased with it. I think it's got just enough tartness in the finish, the earthiness in interesting, but I don't think I would ID it as mushroom, if I didn't know it. I agree that it needs more salt, but I did realize there was a little saltiness lingering when I licked my lips. But it does need more.

IMG_20150423_215203717.jpg

IMG_20150423_222040840.jpg

Thinking of brewing with cream of mushroom.

Drinking the last of 3 Hop Stoopid bombers.

Most awkward night ever. #lockyerdoors

Yeah bought 2 after work.

I had to go back. 3.99 is not bad at all.

Plus, it just arrived so I've gotta go a little mental on it for a bit.

Most awkward night ever. #lockyerdoors

On vacation, the cops came to my parents' house at midnight as we left the garage door open, and there were recent garage break-ins. At 1am, we ran to Wal-Mart to get superglue to fix a fake tooth. #lockyerdoors #funtimes

My DIPA. Nightcap while folding laundry.

La Cumbre's Tres Padres Tripel followed up with Mother Road's Lost Highway Black IPA.

Great choices and order when it came to flavor. Maybe not so great when it comes to the fact that I need to make lunches for the kids' school tomorrow.

Laundry folded, notes for kids' after school program made, carrots bagged, other lunch foods identified... time for a half pull of DIPA before bed. And a pint of water. 6 hours of sleep ain't enough.

A little ruination 2.0 action. Seriously UNDERwhelmed by this beer. IMO, they went from something (ruin 1.0) that could barely pass as a double IPA as it was to something that has the flavor of an IPA with the alcohol of a double. Very disappointed...

Edit: to add another note (not sure if others feel this way), but I feel like stone is using the same base recipe now for all of their ipa's. Because they all seem to have the same underlying taste to them. Maybe I'm just being too critical. Who knows

View attachment 1429850149306.jpg

and how you feeling now? when I have the sleep deprivation, I get all twitchy and paranoid.

I just got a solid six hours of crappy waking up coughing barely sleep. But feel a hell of a lot better than I did this time yesterday. Going to try to keep it to ten hours or less today and get some rest before dark lord day.

Water, need coffee.

A little ruination 2.0 action. Seriously UNDERwhelmed by this beer. IMO, they went from something (ruin 1.0) that could barely pass as a double IPA as it was to something that has the flavor of an IPA with the alcohol of a double. Very disappointed...

Edit: to add another note (not sure if others feel this way), but I feel like stone is using the same base recipe now for all of their ipa's. Because they all seem to have the same underlying taste to them. Maybe I'm just being too pretentious. Who knows, I'll start growing my mustache now and see what BA thinks I should think.

FTFY

Coffee. It should not be this cold in the last week of April. I think I need to rig a cover for my hops tonight :mad:

Coffee. Leftover pizza. I feel like I am in college again, though I would still be asleep for at least 2 more hours and not at work.

And probably hungover too.

Latest posts

Back