What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I brewed up a baby with my wife... OH!

Actually though, I've got a buddy that comes over and helps once in awhile. He genuinely wants to learn and actually helps when I tell him to do something. Also, he brings over a bunch of out of state beers and cheese and sausage and peppers and what-not.

He's welcome whenever.

Nice! Cant complain about free hot water haha.

I have thought about inviting some people over to brew that day but I kind of enjoy brewing alone. Ive have friends come help before and it just seems like a hassle. I either have to ask them to help work (then supervise to make sure they dont f*** up, which in the end saves me no time) or Im just running around while they sit around. Damn friends always getting in the way of stuff! ;)

I've invited many neighbors and friends to come over on brew day to observe (and perhaps get interested enough to do it.) Other than my next door neighbor who already brews, nobody has ever taken me up on it. The one downside to that is usually the beers are flowing freer (and heavier weight) leading to an increased chance of screwing things up!

I enjoy brewing alone, but wouldn't hesitate to brew with any one of you crazy SOBs here.

Yeah, I would brew with someone who knew what the hell they were doing. But none of the guys I hang out with brew. If they wanted to get into it, I wouldn't mind brewing with a noob so that they could learn. But I don't need someone getting in my way to just hang out and ask questions for no reason...I have 3 kids doing that already.

Haha, definitely this. One guy I had over was giving me suggestions on my all grain process when he doesn't brew! He hasn't been back for brew day haha. I have another buddy who's been here a few times and knows the general process, so I don't mind if he's here. It is a lot if people are asking lots of questions... I tend to run around quite a bit so it definitely slows it down. (I'm modifying my process so I'm just using my pump for everything).

What a nice guy to offer suggestions about something he doesnt know haha.

I enjoy brewing alone, but wouldn't hesitate to brew with any one of you crazy SOBs here.

That would be a completely different story and probably more fun than brewing should be haha. When you gonna catch a flight to MHK so I can watch you drink while you watch me brew? ;)

I've invited many neighbors and friends to come over on brew day to observe (and perhaps get interested enough to do it.) Other than my next door neighbor who already brews, nobody has ever taken me up on it. The one downside to that is usually the beers are flowing freer (and heavier weight) leading to an increased chance of screwing things up!

That is a good point. The few times I did brew with friends, quite a few more beers were consumed than normal. Both turned out good though so we didnt screw up anything too terribly!

Yeah, I would brew with someone who knew what the hell they were doing. But none of the guys I hang out with brew. If they wanted to get into it, I wouldn't mind brewing with a noob so that they could learn. But I don't need someone getting in my way to just hang out and ask questions for no reason...I have 3 kids doing that already.

Agree with 99% of this (dont have kids).

Coffee.

I usually brew alone, except for "big brew" events every now and then. I enjoy being around others when brewing, as long as I don't lose focus and flocc something up!

Found a vape pen in one of my 13 year old daughter's back packs today. I smoked for about 34 to 35 years. Lied about it most of my life. Finally managed to quit almost 3 years ago. Figured out how to operate the pen and tried it. It was a lot like smoking, except for the mint flavor in whatever was loaded in this thing. Blech! Oddly, my lungs reacted like it was smoke. A couple of puffs and I felt like I was getting short of breath. It will be interesting to see if the kid says anything about it. Probably won't, but it will not go back in her bag!

Moving on to Kombucha while some spent grain dog treats are in the oven.

Coffee.

I usually brew alone, except for "big brew" events every now and then. I enjoy being around others when brewing, as long as I don't lose focus and flocc something up!

Found a vape pen in one of my 13 year old daughter's back packs today. I smoked for about 34 to 35 years. Lied about it most of my life. Finally managed to quit almost 3 years ago. Figured out how to operate the pen and tried it. It was a lot like smoking, except for the mint flavor in whatever was loaded in this thing. Blech! Oddly, my lungs reacted like it was smoke. A couple of puffs and I felt like I was getting short of breath. It will be interesting to see if the kid says anything about it. Probably won't, but it will not go back in her bag!

You sure the "mint flavor" is tobacco and not something else that makes you cough? ;)

Coffee.

Speaking of, are you going to brew on the 2nd at RBC?

Definitely my two favorites. Why resist? You know you want it.

Because I really don't need that, plus the beer I'll have tonight, plus whatever dinner out I decide to have. If I hold off, I can even go get that for dinner. I was doing so good then had this weird shift and said **** it. We'll, I can't say that or I'll be forklift fat in no time, no lie at all either.

Coffee.

Sounds like you need to cut her allowance if she can afford that crap, while better than cigs it can't be any good for her, I'm sure she won't mention it's missing.
Nothing at the moment, beer soon!

Drank a half bottle of Darby's Rye Whiskey (really good stuff and a decent price too) on an empty stomach last night cause it was one of those days... I have gone through a pot of coffee and half a gallon of water and am still feeling hung. Probably time for a little hair o' the dog, that bottle ain't gonna drink itself

I'm computered out.

F-word.

tumblr_lo1zpl0XKQ1ql41ypo1_500.gif

Lots of theoretical hangover cures but none of them are worth a ****.

I know of an herbal remedy that addresses a lot of the symptoms... paired with a good amount of water and greasy food, it damn near does it for me every time.

Often within the span of an 1.5hrs or so.

I know of an herbal remedy that addresses a lot of the symptoms... paired with a good amount of water and greasy food, it damn near does it for me every time.

Often within the span of an 1.5hrs or so.

A little hair of the dog that bit you works faster but isnt always appropriate.

Nice solid 57°F here today. Wish it was like this all year. While everyone else pisses and moans about how cold it is out, I'm in shorts and loving it.

Drinking this. First time. Not bad. Not spectacular.

And my internet is down. Comcast is giving 11pm as restoration time. What am i going to do all night?

View attachment 1429827480253.jpg

Latest posts

Back