What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Engineer just came to ask for a drawing and when we made eye contact he let out a nervous laugh and said it could wait till Monday. I guess the death stare is strong today...

Jokes on him. I'm off on Monday.

Coffee until heart gets pissed off. Liver has a long weekend ahead of him.

If his water had a an excess amount of chlorine or chloramines in it, wouldnt that cause some issues though?

Yes, it could. Didn't know if his concern was with the lack of boiling as a potential source of infection or with the content of the water.

Yes, it could. Didn't know if his concern was with the lack of boiling as a potential source of infection or with the content of the water.

I had always boiled it with campden to avoid chlorine, even though people in the area say our water isn't bad. This is the first time I didn't boil it is all, the only thing I can really see that could've caused a problem.

Is what it is... I'll pick up ingredients for first allgrain on way home so I can brew on day off Monday, granted I'm not deathly hungover.

Is what it is... I'll pick up ingredients for first allgrain on way home so I can brew on day off Monday, granted I'm not deathly hungover.

It's a hefe - make liberal use of orange wedges. It's what the unwashed heathens are used to in a hefe anyway. :)

coff at the office. I foresee a couple more breweries in my future today...

Water while planning out SB food for Sunday. It will be nice to not have a house full for once, life has been hectic lately and I need a day for just me and SWMBO. :D

Going to go scare the intern... nobody funks with him and I'm in that kind of mood.

Definitely going to the bar on lunch for pizza and beer.

Minus the pizza.

I had always boiled it with campden to avoid chlorine, even though people in the area say our water isn't bad. This is the first time I didn't boil it is all, the only thing I can really see that could've caused a problem.

So, I've only brewed one hefeweizen and it was grain sock and extract recipe. I made it as a gift/trade for a megalodon shark's tooth. I only had one or two bottles to try, but I think it turned out well. My buddy spent time in Germany and is a hefe fan and he said it was great. I don't know.

So, I'm a relative noob, but I remember reading about the clove and banana flavors in hefes. I also remember that for all grain Pilsners it's recommended to do a 90 minute boil, instead of 60, because of off flavors that can persist in the shorter boil. Is that true for hefes, too?

I know, I'm showing my ignorance to the real hefeweizen afficionados here...but, are you a well versed on them? Could what you're tasting be the banana/clove thing or could it be off flavors from length of boil? Too long on the transition from boil to chill? If people have said your local water is good, I think that is a lower probability of being the culprit.

Ahhh...Caffee Ybor. Espresso, half'n'half and sweetened condensed milk. Just finished making a batch of Date Nut Balls and I'm thinking they need a new name, like "Snowballs" or something.:eek: Dates, chopped pecans, Rice Krispies, rolled in shredded coconut. Traditional for Christmas and I haven't seen Mom since before Christmas. Might make the drive tomorrow and take these along.

Drinking blood.. a lot of it.. brutal nosebleed.

This day. This day is awesome.

That reminds me of thanksgiving a few years ago. Mid dinner I had a sniffle so did what the typical person would do and sniffed in. Continued chewing my turkey when I thought it tasted a bit funny. Needless to say, undercooked turkey wasn't causing the taste of blood.:eek:

Cherry coke. Time for some lunch.

Heh.. just a bad day. Dry air.

My blood has a really coppery off-flavor, do you think its infected?

Alcohol poisoning, most likely.

Still drinking water. Trying to eat healthier, so I packed a turkey sandwich for lunch...but I have reservations at my favorite chop house tonight, which happens to carry Lagunitas beers and Hennepin, so the whole eating healthy thing is going to get flushed down the toilet in a few hours.

Just sitting here minding my own business. And my neighbor is plowing my driveway. Time to pour him a fresh pint. That means I'm gonna need another one. ****.

Dude... you're batting a thousand today.

Go home, lock your doors and don't come out until Monday.

Yesterday I donated a couch to a family down the street when I found out they had been sitting on the floor in their cold house. Their very young son tried to pay me with an action figure.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Water, light-headed. Almost time for beer, leaving early.

Yesterday I donated a couch to a family down the street when I found out they had been sitting on the floor in their cold house. Their very young son tried to pay me with an action figure.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Water, light-headed. Almost time for beer, leaving early.

I would've jumped on that offer if it was a Ninja Turtle action figure. Preferably Casey Jones, because he came with all kinds of ****.

Had 3 Busch Lights on lunch. Good stuff.

Back